Day

I watched the strange acting Lenny walk out the front door. "Dei?", Charlie said looking at me blankly. "You can go if you want." I shook my head realizing she had the wrong idea. "I wouldn't mind." She added in a nice tone. "If you want, we can go somewhere today."

"Sure." Was all I spit out. I felt like being cautious with my words.

The stairs creaked.

"Bye Cookie, I'll see you later"

Charlie turned toward Aaron

"See you later."

They kissed and he walked out the door.

"Well lets see, it's ah.." she looked at the VCR clock. "Eleven twenty three."

"We can go to lunch but i'll have to take a shower." She looked at me for a moment and continued. "You're not wearing that are you?" I looked down at my sweatpants and shrugged. She sighed, "Hun I believe you need a shower more than me, you look beat." I didn't understand what she meant.

Charlie walked over to a small closet and pulled out a light green towel. "You can use Aaron's things, he won't mind." She leaned down and moved a coaster on the table. I stood up and looked at her.

She must've felt as if I was confused since she added, "Second door to the right." My feet began moving toward the tall stairs. Then while I was stepping up them the light seemed to dim down.

"Left foot then right." I thought as I put one foot into the glass shower. Something felt off..

I examined the surprising well sized bathroom, first at the lime stained faucet of the separate tub in the corner. Then the waters spots on the glass wall around the shower part. Looking up at the shower I realized I was fully clothed. Not something I usually forget as everyone doesn't.

I began taking off my clothes then turned on the water. Hot.

Knock, knock, knock. "You okay in there? I have clothes for you i'll leave them for you in front of the door. Don't forget you can use Aaron's things", nothing else was said.

After I was done I stood up from previously sitting on the shower floor and turned off the water. I grabbed the towel and opened the door, leaning down to grab the clothes. Wearing the well fitted sweatpants and a big shirt I headed downstairs. Charlie was dressed nicely.

" I was thinking that we should go to Applebee's. I mean most bars aren't open now." I nodded.

She grabbed a keychain that was on the table and opened the door. I slipped on the shoes I had on previously and followed.

The cold air hit me.

"Afternoon Charlie." A woman standing at the door of the other side of the duplex waved. "Afternoon Gris." Charlie smiled and waved back.

The woman kind of sat in her doorway smoking a cigarette when we walked up to a grey parked car on the street and got in.

"I've been meaning to ask you if you had any careers you wanted to do after school?"

I watched her turn the steering wheel into place.

"I'm not sure." I replied.

"You're in your last year aren't you? Isn't it a good time to plan?"

I shrugged.

"What do you like?"

This was a question I never really thought of before. I've always just went along with things.

Differentजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें