"Couldn't you let me enjoy my peace?" I joke and he smiles.

"Camila and Marco aren't picking up my call,"

I try to hide my smile and just nod as if this was news to me.

"So I'm your second choice? Or third?" I say raising my eyebrow with a smile.

Diego really had a talent. I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I watched him laugh.

"Thanks for picking up," He says and I feel the gratitude in his voice.

"Thanks for choosing me third," I wink and he shrugs.

"Who else would I have called?"

And just like that my smile vanishes. It even shocked me how quickly a smile could disappear. I stare at my lap again and I hear him curse slightly. He questions again, who was it?

I suppose I was making it harder for myself. I could easily tell him what happened, I walked in and there she was. Her royal highness with her smirk plastered across his face. But I was frightened that he would choose Lara's side over mine.

Stupid insecurity. He had assured me so many times that it was over between him and Lara and she just waltzes in and ruins all of that.

"Letta," He whispers.

Or at least it sounded like a whisper. I knew Diego. He was on the brink of screaming. Not at me but at the screen, as if that would make it better. He had anger issues sometimes.

I was probably not helping it.

"It was Lara," I finally say and he lets out a ragged breath.

"Fuck," He murmurs and I laugh humourlessly.

"Yeah,"

I start to tell him what happened. I take many breaths in between sentences, pauses to regain my composure. He waits patiently. Something I took for granted: his patience.

"You don't believe her do you?" He says, easily. It wasn't that easy for me.

I shake my head weakly and he clenches his eyes shut. He pulls on his tie to loosen it and shrugs off his jacket.

"You shouldn't be so insecure—sorry, that's stupid of me to say,"

Finally somebody understood that you can't just tell somebody who is insecure to just stop.

"You don't look so good," He says and I chuckle dryly.

"Gee thanks," I say, cocking my head.

He rests his forehead on his knuckles and turns his head to look at him, an amused expression settling on his face.

"I can talk to her if you want me to," He says, his tone shifting.

"I'd rather you not," I admit and he nods, understanding.

I notice him trying to stifle a yawn and when that fails he covers it up with a cough. I realise that it's late in London. I see the fatigue in his eyes.

"You can go to sleep," I tell him.

"Will you be okay?" He asks, concerned.

"Probably not. I'll be fine tomorrow," I say. He looks at me worriedly.

"Sleep!" I order and he laughs.

"Goodnight Diego," I say, giving him a little wave.

"Goodnight princess," He says softly.

[]

THE NEXT MORNING I felt considerably better.

I had sent Federico a message, well I replied to his flurry of messages. Of course he would be worried, it was Lara Jimenez.