Lyon x Reader - The Love in Hate

Start from the beginning

In this moment of his eyes not remaining on you, you took as a chance to leave. You ran to the gym locker room where you knew a spare set of clothes were; your gym clothes. You ran so that the horrible milk didn't get any further than your bag and sweater. Your black jeans seemed dry.

Lyon turned back around and saw that you were gone and frowned.

There was a beep on your phone once you had exited the gym locker room and you smiled down at your phone.

Angel: Why are you wearing gym clothes?

You only had five contacts on your phone. These included; Mom, Dad, the pizza place you loved, Demon, and Angel. Demon was Lyon, he had obtained your phone number through the year to tease and insult, but mostly ask for homework status. Angel was some you you've never met, but made your life so much better.

You: My clothes were covered in milk thanks to another prank, had to change. :(

You might have sent a sad face, but talking to Angel put a smile on your face.

"Yo! Milk Chunks! Why are you smiling down at your phone?" 

There was a new nickname after every prank.

You looked up to see that you were walking past the same people who pranked and despised you, Lyon's friends. You didn't reply but sped off towards your next class, your heart fluttering at the vibration your phone made, meaning he had texted back.

Angel: I swear if I was there I would have beaten up all of them >:(

You: No point, wasn't that bad. Only ruined my backpack, which means I may get a new one, and my new sweater that I actually really liked. Other than that, still intact. :)

You loved that he got protective, but never really wanted it. You would hate to see anyone get hurt, even Lyon. No one deserved that. Sherry is questionable though.

Angel: Where'd you get it from?

He would always ask such random question, which you loved answering for some odd reason.

You: Forever 21. Why?

He, however, ignored any questions that questioned his questions.

When he didn't reply you smiled, maybe this time he didn't have a perfect segway to a new topic. Or maybe he got distracted by something good. Either way, you were content. You walked into class with a stupid and dumb grin on your face and sat down without a care in the world. You named him Angel for a reason.

The teacher had just walked in when your phone vibrated one more time. You quickly went to check the message while the teacher was distracted with writing something on the board.

Angel: One day I'll protect you like the Prince I promised you I'd be.

He always referenced something you've never remembered. But you didn't care even the slightest because his texts made me too happy to express. You put away your phone and began to take notes with your almost painful smile.

However there was someone looking at you and as you looked up you locked eyes with his for a second before he turned around like you shocked him. You didn't understand it, but didn't question Lyon, your bully.

...

The next day when you came to school and opened your locker to find a present. It was a black box that had Forever 21's logo attached to the top. Thinking it was a prank, you almost threw it away, Lyon did know your locker number, it was obvious after many, many practical jokes. But something stuck out, a sticky note with messy handwriting, but good enough to read.