Chapter 39

Dedicated to my lovely reader for voting on multiple chapters and showering me with love. Thank you, hun <3

There are times in your life when you feel like you want to just sleep in and never get up, like you don't really want to die but neither do you wish to be all up and jumping.

That is me at the moment.

When we'd almost driven to the airport, I remembered that I have Lydia waiting at home and she does deserve a goodbye after all that she's done for me. So we turned around and he dropped me off at the apartment. I know he wasn't willing to let me get outside the car but I was determined to not react to anything that falls out of his mouth and hence I was out much quicker than what I'd expected!

"I don't understand, I mean last night you come in with the make up running down your face, today you come in kicking everything out of your way, I think its in the best interest of everyone that you should be grounded!" Lydia shouts as I change into my pyjamas and an old T-shirt.

"Will you talk to me for heavens' sake!" She shouts louder this time as I concentrate on getting my messy hair into a top knot.

"I have nothing to talk about!" Such a satisfying answer!

"Really? Well then, screw you!" She walks out noisily, making sure I know how much I've pissed her off. I stare at my reflection and it makes me wonder whether there actually is a parallel universe, where Nathan loves me and I love him back and we get married and then that's our happily ever after.

"I'm going!" Lydia's voice distracts me from my little fairytale bubble and I walk out of the room.

"Going where?" I walk into the kitchen to grab an apple, all this emotions are driving me hungry.

"To the Himalayas! My house, dumbass!" Why isn't there one apple in the fridge?

"Shut up, this is your house and where the hell have you been hiding my apples, woman?" I raise my voice and turn around to glare at her. We both share a serious glance for a second and then as my words sink in, we start laughing.

That sounded wrong on so many levels.

"Maybe Nathan would give a better answer, but they're in the oven. I decided to make some apple pie." She says nonchalantly and my heart warms up. Just what I needed.

"Now before I choke you on that pie, tell me what happened." She drops her bag on the floor showing she's not in the mood to take a joke.

"Okayyyyy" I walk out of the kitchen and into the living room. Plopping down on the sofa, I turn on the T.V. and switch to the news channel as always.

"I'm waiting." Lydia stands in front of me, blocking my view with her hands on her hips. I sigh in defeat and bring a hand over my face.

"He's engaged." My voice does not shake and there's no hint of water wetting my eyes so we're safe.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

Six.

Seven.

Eight.

Nine.

Ten.

Why isn't she reacting? What, did she get a heart attack? I move my hand away from my face and look up at her. Her face reminds me of the time Hermione did the charm on Neville in the first movie where he froze and fell on the ground. I wonder whether she'd fall down too if I poke her.