Chapter 9

Bonus update for you guys! Know why? 'Cause TMDG crossed 20k reads and is now on 21k! What better celebration than a bonus update, right? And your wait ends here. Guess who is in the picture above?! Yassss, its NATHAN HALE, people! Okay, you guys read on the chapter while I sit here and drool over this picture and that dimple 😍😍😍

The sound of my alarm going off makes me jump a bit. I sleepily move my hand towards the night stand and shut it off. After a few minutes of sleepily rolling around the bed, I finally decide to get up. I stretch my arms above my head to help wake my body up and get down the bed.

Oh no! I must be at the airport already!

I rush to the bathroom, have my bath, get dressed in a distressed pair of denims with a white shirt and after hurrying through my makeup, I pick up my Stella McCartney handbag to match my casual outfit and open the door of my bedroom. I hurriedly walk down the stairs in my white stilettos while checking my phone to make sure that I don't have any missed calls.

"Are you going somewhere hon?" I hear aunt's voice and look up to see Aunt and Nathan by the dining table, having their breakfast. Nathan looks up to see who aunt is talking to and moves his eyes across the room to meet mine. A look of awe crosses his face but he soon hides it with the same old cold look.

"Umm yes. A very special friend of mine is arriving today, in fact I think he might be at the airport waiting for me already!" I glance at the watch on my hand and it reads 8;30. Oh no no, too late.

"He? Is your 'special' friend a guy?" I look at Aunt for a moment to see if she's joking. Because..well, duh!

"Yes. I want you meet him. He is a very nice person, easy on the eyes and great at the heart. I know you are going to love meeting him!" I exaggerate to see if I I can get a reaction from Nathan. But he continues scraping the fork against his dish, shoving the scrambled eggs in.

"Yes, I'm sure I'd love meeting him." Aunt tries to fake excitement but she can't hide it from me. She looks sideways at Nathan and then back to me.

"I have an idea! We'll throw a welcome party for your friend tonight and we'll also arrange a round of ball dance!" Wait, what? I try to think of something to say without sounding too rude.

"Auntie that's not needed. Really. Just a dinner in some posh restaurant would do." Its so hard to do anything without Aunt getting over excited.

"Of course its needed. If you get up early on a day-off just to pick him up, then he sure is special. Nathan would join us too, wouldn't you Nathan?" She looks at him and I roll my eyes. Why is she so obsessed with him? He raises an eyebrow at her and looks at me for a second.

"Pardon me, but I have no time to attend any stupid welcome parties." He keeps staring at me and I'm so ashamed to say but it still makes my heart go CRAZY.

"You aren't invited anyway." I smirk at him.

"Stop being so childish, the pair of you. Nathan, Alex told me you'll be living here for the next 15 days. So if you're home, you can definitely step down for sometime. Ally's friend will be delighted to meet you!" Oh yeah, he sure will. But wait, why is Nathan staying here? Hmm, there is definitely something fishy going on.

"I would love to meet Ally's friend," he looks at me "but I have got a video conference at night with Mark Ricosta. You see, some people left what they signed up for mid-way." If he keeps taunting every now and then, I doubt its much time before I lash my building up anger out at him. But before that, I must know what truly he wants.

"I'm running late. Aunt, can you ask to get the car ready for me?" I sit down on the couch and bring a hand through my hair.

"I'm afraid there's no car waiting right at this moment, darling. Alex took one and the rest two are off for servicing. No one uses them frequently anymore so they spend much more time at the showroom, being polished. I'll ask Amy to ring them up but it will take them near to half an hour to get it here." WHAT? No no no no no. How do I get to the airport then? I can't ask Zack to take a taxi, I promised him I'll pick him up. And to get a taxi from here, I'll have to walk more than a mile.