Chapter 12

Back with an update! I know its been soooo long and I'm so incredibly thankful for your patience. A lot of you PMed me asking why I wasn't updating. If you guys still don't know, I had my exams and so I had to get off wattpad. I suggest you guys follow me so that everytime I have a message about any upcoming update, you will get it in your mail without waiting for me to reply to your messages and if you've ever sent a message to me, you know I take AGES to get back. Also, if you want to see a little behind the scenes of the updates, follow me on my instagram (link in my bio) and we can have a nice chat there! Ok, not going to make you wait anymore. Go read on!

Ally's POV

I throw my phone back on the bed with my thoughts in a knot. Why is everyone at the office behaving so strange? And I still haven't got proper answers to all of my questions. I need to be there tomorrow, as early as possible. I set my alarm for 4 in the morning and stretch my arms. Climbing on my bed, I slip under the duvets, taking in the warmth of it. I close my eyes and despite of all the things I should be worrying about, only one worry bothers me.

What in the entire bloody hell is wrong with Nathan?

I don't know and I don't care. He has insulted me too many times and what he did last night was beyond the limits. I don't know what got to me last night. I should've known that it wouldn't turn out good. But somewhere maybe I wished it had.

I shake off the thoughts and try to sleep.

Wait, what's that noise?

My eyes fly open and I try to listen to the noise, still laid down. It doesn't come back. Maybe it was just a cat.

I close my eyes again and try to sleep. Almost after a minute of trying to sleep, the noise returns again. And this time its so loud I swear that's not a cat. I immediately sit up in my bed and try to look around my room in the darkness. The moonlight coming from my window and my glass balcony door is just enough to spot the silhouettes of the things in my room. I listen intently for the noise to return and when I think I should get back to sleep, my balcony door slides open.

I immediately get down my bed and scream. The person rushes to me, climbing over my bed and holds a hand over my mouth. The strong scent of musk and lavender hits my nose and I know who it is.

The devil himself.

Wait but what is he doing here? I bite down on the skin of his palm harshly and he immediately pulls it back.

"Ow, that hurt." He starts shaking his hand and I swear I've never felt anymore triumphant.

"Glad to know." I give him a side smirk. The darkness does not allow me to make out his reaction. But I am sure he's pretty pissed off by now.

"What are you doing in my room?" I cross my arms over my chest, still standing beside the bed with him on my bed.

Shouldn't it be the other way round? THAT'S MY BED!

"I don't know. What do you want me to do?" He asks in a deep sexy voice and my heart starts jumping.

I should be ashamed of myself.

"I want you to leave." I say coldly and he chuckles. Raking his hair, he moves a bit away from me, only to get to the other end of the bed.

"I want to talk to you." He says, all of the humour replaced with seriousness in his voice.

"I don't want to talk about anything." I say and sit on the bed, pulling the covers back up and lay down to sleep.

"Ally, please." I close my eyes and turn my back to him.