Chapter 21

I am so incredibly sorry for this late update but first I thought I'd give you a New Year's update, then I thought of updating on my birthday (which was yesterday, by the way) but the day went by so fast, I had no time to update. So as an apology, this chapter is a tad bit longer than my regular updates, so there you go! Haha, hope you guys enjoy!

One week later:

I hit my alarm so that it'd go off. For the first time in my entire life, the alarm did not wake me up because I am already lying awake. Thinking of the choices I've made. Thinking about how my life would be so much more different had I never returned to New York in the 17th year of my miserable life. I'd have never gone to that stupid school and I'd have never met Nathan freaking Hale. Life would have been so much different, I'd have been so much happier.

Screw you, Mr. Hale.

My second alarm goes off, out of the six I set each morning because I can never wake up on the first one. I pick up my phone and turn off the rest of the four ones. Then I get down from my bed at the same time as I hear the front door to my house opening. That should be Mrs. Dudley. I slip on my furry slippers and walk into the bathroom.

Completing the same rushed routine of brushing my teeth, having my bath, doing my hair and makeup and putting on an outfit which today is a grey pencil skirt and a white button down shirt, I walk to the kitchen for my cup of tea and breakfast, already set on the breakfast bar. I climb up the stool and dig into my scrambled eggs.

This is how it is going to be from now on. Dull, boring, colourless.

Hi, I am Ally Ricosta, CEO of the Ricosta Corp. Welcome to my mundane life.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Do you want me to come over?" I ask Ernesto as he explains me the problems our New York branch is facing. I've just been there and I would gladly refuse any other chance to be there again.

"No senorita. I can handle this but I just wanted you to know." Oh thank heavens!

"Alright. Got a meeting in 5 minutes. So talk to you later." I hang up and sigh. Dropping my head in my hands I close my eyes and it takes only a second for the images of the holiday to pop up. Everything that we did, from that song to the goodbye, everything pops up in front of my eyes and this time I don't fight it. I let it flow through and I let my mind be at peace. Be at where it belongs.

But that can only be for so long.

A knock on my door breaks my thoughts and I sit back straight with a 'come in'.

"Ma'am the meeting's about to start." Robert reminds me and I nod at him. He walks out and after I've made sure that I still look presentable, I walk out of my cabin. As I do that, Robert immediately gets up from his desk and walks behind me as we approach the lift. The receptionist of my floor greets me a 'good afternoon' which I choose to ignore because I am in no mood for fake smiles right now.

As the lift starts taking us down to the lower floors, I glance at Robert.

"Who is this meeting with?" What? Don't judge me. I've got a thousand meetings in a day so it's normal for me to keep forgetting who's next.

"Oh its the Hale&Haileys. Mr. Hale wanted to meet to present an expansion policy that he's come up with." He replies sincerely and I almost lose my balance for a second. No way! Not him. Please.

"You're telling me this now?" I question him in a soft voice but I did not intend to do that. I wanted to shout at him, choke him with his tie and leave him to die in this lift. I mean, I am meeting with Nathan in about half a minute and he's telling me that now?! I take in a deep breath and then breathe out. Its like my mind is confusing my heart which is confusing my senses. I have no absolute idea how I should react.