CHAPTER 3

Flashback ( Blake and Mer: junior year)

Mer  POV

Blake, my wierd bestfriend had spent all summer away with his cousins in Spain for two months . This had probably been the most time we had spent away from each other and being the good " best friend" that I was, I went to wait for him at the airport. I wanted to be the first person his ridiculous face saw when he came, of course holding a big poster with his name and tons of pink glitter. 

As soon as I saw him walking in, I ran and squeezed the life out of him, making sure everyone else realized how much of an unstable person he was proud to call his best friend. I had missed him so damn much. 

"Butterfly," he said as I finally eased up on my hug and looked up at him. 

I kept on looking at him, he looked different in the best way possible. He didn't look like the scrawny boy that used to climb up my bedroom window and annoy me. He had definitely grown taller. His dark tresses were now a shade lighter and there he had an evident tan , he really looked good. He als looked like he had been going to the gym during summer. Maybe I was just seeing things because I hadn't seen him in so long.

"Butterfly," he called me again. 

"Hey!" I said as I realized that I had been staring for way too long. 

"Miss me," he said and I could only manage a chuckle. 

" Who are you, and what did you do to Mer"  

"Why, whats wrong"  I asked

"Well the Mer I know would be running her mouth right now, so I was wondering if you might know where she is,"

I just eyerolled and hit him in his shoulder. 

Why was I acting so nervous around him. I mentally slapped myself,  because as we walked to the car,I could see Blake smirking. That cocky little prick

Blake POV 

As soon as I walked in from the plane I was attacked by someone. I didn't think anyone could posess the power to hug so hard  that I felt out of breath. That's when I realized it was my little butterfly, well not so little anymore. My little butterfly had grown.

She looked absolutely gorgeous. I had missed that pretty little face of hers this past summer  and I was glad she seemed like she missed me too.  She looked different,  she had finally decided to outgrow  that bob she'd kept since Cassidy made fun of her long hair in fifth grade. It really suited her and brought out her eyes, the ones I couldn't get enough of. I couldn't stop smiling as we walked to the car. I felt happy just being able to walk next to her. 

Back to present day. 

" You've got to tell them"

"You've got to tell them that she's going to wake up" Mrs Faye said as she started tugging my shirt while crying hysterically. I was helpless. I couldn't argue with the doctors, as far as medical terms are concerned, Mer was supposed to have woken up two weeks after her accident. It was almost ten months and those apparent twitches were just her nerves moving and not her. 

How could I tell them not to  do otherwise, what position was I in to question their decision and their line of work. I went to discuss with the doctors if they could at least put turning the life support on hold for  two weeks. I told them that Mrs Faye needed closure and giving her two weeks to properly say goodbye to her child was the best thing to do right now. I could cover the bills myself if I had to. I missed Mer, I missed her so damn much but I couldn't change anything. If I could we wouldn't even be in this situation in the first place.  They hesitated for a while but realized how much it meant for everyone who had got to know her to finally say goodbye properly. Maybe I could finally say goodbye to her. 

One Week Later

Everyone had been informed about Mer's condition. Many people came frequently with many bouquets of fresh daisies ( the pink ones, the ones she loved). There were many letters and many cards left for her. I walked to her room after most people had left and found Mrs. Faye sleeping on the chair. I took out a chair too and sat next to her bed. I took her hand and squeezed it. I didn't want to face the fact that she probably wasn't here anymore. Have you ever wished for something to happen that you imagined it and It felt real. That is what happened in the hospital room as I squeezed her hand. I saw her eyes move and not in the way they twitched usually. I saw them half open then close. I was paralysed by shock I pulled away. I remember just walking out of the room ,my tear filled eyes blurring everything in my way as I made my way to the car and quickly drove home. 

That night, as I stared at the ceiling like I frequently did nowadays,  I came to an understanding that I should finally left go. I knew I was going to lose a part of me  when she died and I needed to finally come to terms with that before it was too late. Holding on was getting harder and harder everyday because the hope I once had had frizzled out of me. Many parts of me were slowly dying and I couldn't take it anymore. I then fell asleep with my thoughts. 

I was suddenly woken up at 3.48, after my phone started ringing 

"Hello" I said half awake

"Blake"  Mrs Faye said as her voice cracked over the phone. 

"It's Mer,"

"She's"

"She's"

"Come to the hospital please"

And that's when my whole world plummeted 

Thank you for reading:) I'll update soon. Please vote Have an awesome day.