"Again Chels?" I wondered, raising a brow in question.

She shook her head and shrugged, "Don't hate the player, Hate the game." The saying held a certain irony as I had said that to her myself on many occasions.

I laughed once again at her clumsiness causing her to knock my arm and let out a screech sounding faintly like, "It's not funny!"

"I'm sorry, but it is." I apologised with little sincerity, my actions not matching my words as I laughed harder, causing Annie to join in my chorus. "Whatever." She pushed past us both and stomped childishly in the direction of our next classroom. With our laughter fading slightly, Annie and I ran to catch up to her.

"Sorry." We apologized in unison, using the pouts we had perfected in the seventeen years of knowing each other.

"Aw... don't pull that face. That's not fair." We didn't stop to rearrange our faces causing her to sigh and pull us in for a group hug. "Fine you're forgiven. Though, I'm not that clum-" She was cut off as she ran into a wall she didn't see.

"What was that you were going to say?" I asked, with a knowing look reflected upon my face. She mumbled something that sounded eerily like "Shut up" before we finally reached the maths room.

From the second we walked in, we could see that all the students had huddled around someone's desk... That someone who went by the name, Mark Hastings.

It was clear he was telling a story (almost certainly highlighting how 'awesome' he claimed to be) and you could see all the looks of envy he was receiving from our peers in response to his completely false story.

My temperament was still shaken from the note I had read earlier, so against my better judgement, I marched up to his desk, slamming my hand down onto the hard surface; and no, I wasn't referring to his head. All the people in the school, and even possibly the town knew about mine and Mark's on going hatred for each other so they pretty much ran back to their desk to get out of the war-zone.

Our feud was dormant until the incident a few yeas back; up until then, I had had no problem with the monster. It only got worse with time and since then we haven't rested short of making the other's life hell.

"So, what's the tale you're telling today? Have you finally learnt how to fly?" I asked, lacing my voice with as much sarcasm as I could possibly muster whilst I placed my thumb and pointer fingers to my chin.

"Oh my gosh, she's thinking, I thought you had to have a brain to do that," He scratched his head in foe confusion as to my complex.

I rolled my eyes, shaking my body with fake laughter, "Oh please, the only one who doesn't have a brain around here is you." My eyes narrowed on their own accord as I voiced my dislike aloud.

"If I don't have a brain- how can I come up with; what was it you said the other day - 'Tales to pollute the teenage mind?'" He asked.

Damn, he has a point. It was rare, but through our arguments, occasionally he one-upped me; it worked both ways however and normally the losing party retreated with a huff, however as we shared this class, there was no escape.

void of any other option, I bit my lip, raising my arm a touch, trying to withhold the urge for physical confrontation. Before my hand could come close to connecting with his face, my arms were yanked behind my back by none other than the afore mentioned Josh.

"Slow down feisty," Josh urged, wrenching my arms to further constrict my movements, causing me to thrash with a greater air of violence. "Let go of me Josh!" I demanded though it held no real conviction as I had begun to go limp from my efforts.