Chapter 71: Madness |Pt. I|

This is my favorite chapter so far...And also the longest I wrote so it's going to be separated into two parts. So there is going to be a update tmrw

Prepare for what is going to happen later on. You may like or not!

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE AND FOLLOW :)

That is like Winter and Royal up there by the way. Just ignore the different eye color in the picture

Song: "The Vision" by Skan ft-Born I Music

Tell me if you guys see any mistakes so I could edit them. Thank you :)

____________________

Scarlett's pov:

I was surrounded by darkness. I could feel them surround me. I don't know who they are but I could feel their presence. So foreign but a hint of familiarity, so far yet so close.

I twirled around hoping to catch sight of anything out of order. Anything to get me out of here. I don't like to be surrounded by darkness, it makes me feel trapped, lost, and dead.

Then suddenly, eyes surrounded me. I can't make out the figures, but their eyes are the only ones I could point out. Five pairs of different colored eyes staring back at me, their eyes glowed amongst the dark.

No matter where I turn, one pair of eyes would stare right back at me. I'm surrounded.

"Who are you?" I called out. My voice sounded different to my ears. It sounded like there are other voices mixed with mine.

"What do you want?" Again, my voice is combined with others. That is the least of my worries, the strangest thing is that the eyes are staring at me lifelessly. No emotion or sparks in them, just nothing that it sent shivers down my spine.

Then laughter filled the silence, their laughter sounded like they are mocking me. Everything happened so fast, the figures lunged at me all at once not giving me time to react.

• • •

I woke up with cold sweat coating my forehead. Breathing heavily, I placed my hand over my fast beating heart.

What a dream. This is the first time I had a dream like that.

Sitting up, I noticed that Crystal is still sleeping with Winter's head on her lap.

But something is different. I felt stronger. Usually, I would feel weaker each time I woke up, but this time there is this strength in me. I can feel it growing, small but still growing. Whatever Mirage is doing, it is helping me.

In no time, I can get out of here

Still, that dream was weird. What are those eyes? They looked familiar but I couldn't point my finger on it. They looked dead, something I don't want to witness ever again.

The sound of paws scurrying along the floor caught my attention. Walking towards the bars, I peaked out but saw nothing. Shrugging my shoulders, I returned to my spot.

Just as I was about to sit down again, a thud run through the silent hallway followed by barking.

"Royal!" I gasped surprised when my dog came bounding over in front of my bars. He barked happily and twirled in circles with his tongue hanging out. His name tag jingled loudly when he bounced from happiness.

"Shhhh, quiet down! What if the guards heard you?" I whispered putting my finger to my lip. He tilted his head to the side before running off again.