Chapter 24: "Rejection"

Song: I hate you, I love you--by: Gnash ft. Olivia O'Brien

Hello

____________________

Scarlett's pov:

     Everyone in the hallway rushed towards the front door pushing each other around. After Crystal said 'they came back' that got me curious.

     Who the hell are they? Is it some kind of celebrity? They must be really popular to get everyone's attention

"Come on let's go check it out," I said grabbing their hands. Walking towards the door was already hard enough with people tripping over on top of each other.         

     I almost froze them on the spot and break them into pieces.

     As we reached the front door, I saw a large group surrounding two guys in the parking lot. All I could see are their brown hair and foreheads. Taking a deep breath, I noticed that one is a beta and other is an alpha.

     So they are the famous soon-to-be. Instead of their status scent, I caught something different. It is a smell of the forest trees and coffee. It was the most amazing smell I ever smelt before.

"Mate," me and Allison said together. I looked at her

"Allison! You found your mate!" I nearly screamed

"Hey! I heard you say mate too!"

"Whatever, I don't want a mate now"

     She looked at me like I just declared WWIII

"Why! Mom paired us up to them for a reason"

"I have my own reasons, Allison... I have to protect the pack. Having a mate will only distract me" I said then blocking the mind link

     Looking back towards the crowd I noticed that the two guys start sniffing the air. This caused the girls to scream and I can literally hear them are if they are their mates.

     Typical major sluts.

     Anyway, the two guys are now walking through the crowd still sniffing like the dogs they are. I stifled a laugh

"DONT. INSULT. MATE!" Pura growled. Geez overprotective much?

     Allison, me and Crystal are just standing by the door steps staring at them. They stopped when they are a few feet away from us and our eyes made contact. My breath hitched as I took in his appearance.

     He has brown hair, with brown eyes and a defined jaw with a height of 6'3. I can see his six pack abs under his white tight shirt

     I licked my lips which caused his eyes to darken

"F*ck me already" Ceci purred

     Those full lips that are just so kissable. And look at his body features, I wonder how--- snap out of it Scarlett.

     I shook my head to get out of my trance. My mate is walking towards me until he is standing in front of me. I stared at his eyes, not breaking eye contact.

     It seems like the world around us is invisible and we are the only one existing. I think I saw awe and happiness in them but they were quickly replaced with disgust.

     He forcibly grabbed my arm and dragged me away. I looked back to see Allison still staring at the guy in front of her and Crystal smiling like a lunatic to even notice that I was gone.