Forty-Nine (Requested)

Requested by @Dashie1677

You crept up behind James and stood on your tiptoes.
"Boo."
He jumped, nearly hitting you in the head. You cackled, grinning at his shocked face.
"For god's sake, don't do that!" He clutched his chest, making you laugh harder.
"So... how's Lily?"
"Actually, she's been hanging 'round Sirius a lot. I don't know why... Sirius has no interest in her." He looked hurt.
"It's fine, James. I'm sure she'll come around," you smiled sympathetically.
"–and bam! They'll never know what hit them! I... Hi (Y/N)! Hi James. What are you guys doing here?" Lily rounded the corner with Remus. She looked flustered.
"I could ask you the same question..." James glanced from Lily to Remus, then back to Lily again.
"Remus and I were talking about homework."
"Same here!" You lied. James shot you a confused glance. You shook your head slightly.
"Well... don't let us keep you."
Lily and Remus walked on by, heads bent together in deep conversation.
"Huh."
"Well... I have to go back to the common room," James cleared his throat.
"See you later!" You waved.
Once he was gone, you ran down the hall and took out a spare bit of parchment. You carefully forged Lily's writing, and wrote a believable note.

James,
I'm sorry I've been so, well, rude in the past. This would be way too embarrassing to say out loud, but I really want to start over. You're a good guy, and it's taken me a long time to see that. Meet me at the Three Broomsticks, 2:00 this Saturday. Don't say ANYTHING about it. Not to me or to anybody. Thanks.
Lily

For Lily, you scribbled out a note.

Hey Lil,
Do you want to come to Broomsticks w/me @ 2:00 on Saturday?? Let me know soon as possible
(Y/N) ;)

You folded the letters up and shoved them both in your bag. You would deliver those later.

"Hey (Y/N)!"
"Hey Moon Moon. What's up?"
"Do you want to go to the Three Broomsticks Saturday? I don't have anyone to go with."
"Of course! Who's Sirius going with?"
"Some girl."
"Go figure," you laughed, trying not to let the hurt show. Yes, you liked Sirius. Yes, it was kind of sort of obvious. Yes, it was unrequited.
Go figure.
"Gotta go," you smiled and went to deliver Lily's letter.

     Saturday came faster than you thought. Lily had agreed to come, and James seemed over the moon, constantly glancing at Lily. You casually brought up why he seemed so happy. He said he would tell you later.
     You were just thankful he wasn't talking about it.
     You walked down to Hogsmeade at around 12:00 with James, Remus, and Sirius.
      You wondered who Sirius's date was, but you ignored the question and focused on having fun.
     You made a stop at Honeydukes and Zonko's. By then it was around 1:55.
     "Why don't we head over to the Three Broomsticks," James suggested.
     "Sure!" Sirius grinned excitedly.
     "I've gotta go talk to Lily. You guys go ahead. Save a table."
     James glanced at Lily, but headed into the familiar haunt.
     "Lily!"
     "Hey (Y/N)! What's up?"
     "Meet me at Table 3. Where we usually are."
     "Cool. I'll be there in a second."
     You walked into the Three Broomsticks.
     "Hey James...?" You beckoned to him.
     "What's up?"
     "Lily told me to tell you to go to Table 3."
     "Um... okay? How did you know–"
     "That's just what she told me."
     "(Y/N)!" Remus called.
     "Yeah?"
     "We're at Table 4. I just have to go to the bathroom."
     "Sirius is gone already?" You laughed.
     "... Yeah. Ha ha."
     You frowned in confusion.
     You and Lily walked to your table, when you both froze.
     James was at Table 3. Someone was at Table 4.
     Sirius.
     "Hey!" They both said in unison.
     "What... are you doing here?" Lily asked. At the same time, you said, "Um... I thought I was eating with Remus..."
     James looked confused.
"What? Lily, you told me you wanted to come here."
"Uh... (Y/N)... you said you wanted to tell me something."
"Who told you that?" You and Lily both said.
"(Y/N)," James chewed on his lip.
"Lily," Sirius said.
You and your friend turned to each other.
"Wait..." you trailed off.
"Did you try to set me up with James?"
"Well, did you try to set me up with Sirius?"
"I asked first."
"Fine... maybe."
"You guys should just come out and say that you like each other."
"I could say the same thing!"
"Listen–"
"Both of you shut up!" Sirius yelled.
You looked over at him.
"Here Lily. For you..." He looked into your eyes, and you felt your legs turn to jelly.
"(Y/N)... I really like you. Ever since I met you, I knew you were different. I just assumed you kind of... well... hated me. Then we became friends, but you spent so much time with Remus that I assumed you liked him. It wasn't until I asked him that he told me you... you like me. I saw you in a new light. I should've told you how I felt sooner, but... hey, it's now or never, right?"
"Sirius..."
"Please tell me I didn't mess this u–"
"You didn't mess anything up."
Somehow, you were looking up at him. He was looking down at you. Your faces were mere inches apart; a breath away. His hands were on your waist, and your hands cupped his face. You pulled it down so his lips brushed yours. He tugged you closer and–
     "E-ew! Please do this somewhere else!" James groaned.
     "Glad to see I could help," Lily said drily.
     "I thought I could help you Lily, I just–"
     "Well, I might not kiss him, but I won't not stay."
     James sat bolt upright and looked at Lily.
     "You... you mean it?"
     "Sure. Why not?"
     "Glad I could help," you giggled.
     And with that, Sirius took your hand, and you walked outside to finally be alone.

   Hey y'all.
   (I'm actually not southern, I just say y'all a lot.)
   Anyway... Welcome back!
   I hope you enjoyed this, Dashie :)
   ALSO

   IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF YOU COULD CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK!

   Please read it... please request... I'll accept a lot of stuff lol
   please I'm desperate

   FOR MARVEL FANS:
   I JUST SAW SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING AND I'M OFFICIALLY DEAD ASDFGHJKL LIL TOMMY HOLLAND AND CAP IS IN IT AND TONY AND HIS FATHER-SON ISSUES AND AHHHHHHHHHH

   so yah
   Have a good one lol