Twenty-Five

Quidditch Oneshot 3
In which you are a Chaser
for Gryffindor...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm pleased to welcome you to the final match of the season: Gryffindor vs. (House)!" Julius Jordan shouted with excitement.
You waiting, James in front on you, Sirius at your right shoulder. He looked down at you, and you grimaced rather than smiled.
"Don't be nervous," he smiled, gripping your hand. You nodded firmly, squeezing his fingers.
"... the spectacular Gryffindor Quidditch Team!" Julius announced us.
Sirius pulled his hand from mine and we started the walk to the field.
The roar of the crowd was deafening, and every seat had been taken. You chewed on your lip.
"What did I say?" Sirius muttered, loudly enough so you could hear him over the screaming audience.
"Sorry," you muttered back.
"Don't be sorry. Be angry," he nodded slightly.
You clenched your fists, feeling the pent up anger coursing through you.
You were going to win.

One hour. The game had already been going on for one hour, yet James was no closer to catching the snitch. You shifted on your broom when (house) call a time-out.
Both teams flew to the ground.
"What's up with you?" Greg scowled at James.
"Whatd'ya mean 'what's up with me'?" James asked, affronted.
"I think what Wood's trying to ask without sounding mean, I might add," you glared at Greg, "is that it's not like you to not spot the snitch for a full hour."
"I don't know what happened... I mean, I feel fine."
"James," you looked into his Hazel eyes. "Go after it with everything you've got. You're a hero in my eyes." He smiled gratefully.
You gazed around the group, making a lingering eye contact with Sirius, before grinning.
"Now, let's go kick some arse."

Another half-hour passed, and you had scored six times.
Both teams were on edge. A championship game had never been so long before. You had to win by at least 140 points, so you checked the scoreboard. It was 130-100, and Gryffindor was winning. If only James could-
"The snitch has been spotted! James Potter is racing down the pitch..." Jordan left his sentence hanging. The crowd's noise level doubled.
"He's almost there... He's so close..."
You watched James extend his arm...
"HE'S DONE IT! YES! GRYFFINDOR WINS 270 POINTS TO 100! YES! YES! YES!" You didn't wait to hear him get reprimanded by McGonagall. Your team sped over to James, who held the snitch triumphantly for the crowd to see. They went berserk, cheering louder than ever before.
"You did it, James!" You screamed.
"I did, didn't I!" He yelled back, grinning.
"Look at Lily! She's really happy for you!" You smiled widely. James perked up even more, making eye contact with his biggest crush. Her face glowed with pride.
Your team landed and didn't even bother going back to the changing rooms. You paraded through the hallways, whooping and screaming. You were so happy you could've cried. Greg must have grabbed the cup, for he gave it to James, who thrust it in the air.
"WE WON!" He roared.
We hollered in reply, heading up to the common rooms. The Fat Lady let us in immediately, and we flooded in. Most of the house were already there, cheering with mugs of Butterbeer.
You had never felt so exhilarated in all your time at Hogwarts.
You felt someone's presence behind you and turned to see Sirius, grey eyes gleaming. He grabbed your hands and grinned widely.
"We won! We won, (Y/N)! We won!"
Suddenly, his lips crashed into yours, and you couldn't think. All you could see was Sirius. You were drunk on victory, lightheaded with pleasure, and woozy with disbelief.
You kissed like the world was ending, and when it was over, there was applause. James wolf-whistled.
"Okay, we all know," he smiled at you and Sirius, wrapped in an embrace. "It was a long time coming."
Sirius looked at you, eyes burning with a mad sort of desire.
"Let's get out of here," he grabbed your hands.
"Okay."

I hope you enjoyed my Quidditch Collection, in honor of 6K READS!!! Yayayayayaay! At this point, I'd say 10K is a realistic goal.
If I'm being honest, writing this fluffy chapter made me smile so much I thought I was going to burst with fluff. And that's saying something, cause I just watched S1:E23 of the Flash.