Thirty-Nine

You raced Sirius down to Care of Magical Creatures, almost tripping on the root of a tree. He, of course, beat you. He was leaning casually against the trunk of an oak when you arrived. You put your hands on your knees, panting.
     "Alright there, (L/N)?"
     "Ha ha," you muttered sarcastically. Professor Grubbly-Plank became visible, a rope in hand. At the end of the braid was one of the most threatening creatures you had ever seen.
     "This is a Chimera. Head of a lion, body of a goat, and the tail of a serpent."

     The class "ooed" and "ahed," in awe of the creature

     The class "ooed" and "ahed," in awe of the creature. It gnashed its teeth. You stared at the lion head until the blood-red eyes met your gaze. It growled. You took a step back into James.
     "James..." you whispered, "I think it's looking at me."
     "Don't be silly, (Y/N)," he replied.
     You looked warily at the monster. It glared back.
     You tapped him.
     "Are you sure?"
     "Yes, (Y/N), I'm sure. Pay attention. I'm gonna need some help writing this essay later."
     You were too nervous to roll your eyes. You tried paying attention to the Professor.
     "...and it loves dinner time. His favorite food is fresh meat."
     At those two words, the creature roared in hunger. The class screamed. You caught the Chimera's eye. It began to run. Not in any direction, but directly towards you.
     A shriek escaped your lips.
     "(Y/N)!" Someone shouted. Sirius, possibly. You couldn't tell. You were running as fast as your legs would carry you. Your feet pounded against the grass, your breathing quick and uneven.
There was another loud roar. Then, a weight hit your shoulders. You fell face-first into the grass, choking on dirt.
You spat the mud out of your mouth, gagging, when the paws pressed down on your shoulder blades. You whimpered slightly. It's hot breath was on your neck. It's mouth was inches away from your back.
"Please help!" You let out a strangled cry.
It's teeth had just pierced your flesh when a loud, "Petrificus Totalus!" was heard.
Sirius came running up to you, his face panicked and pale.
"Are you alright? Did it bite you? Are the teeth stuck?"
"The teeth... I think they're in my shoulder," you were gasping for air.
Sirius carefully extracted the teeth from your shoulder. By now the entire class had come to watch, including Grubbly-Plank. No one looked at her.
You felt your shoulder wet with blood.
"Can you walk?" Sirius murmured softly. His eyes were filled with concern.
"Can you carry me?" You whispered back, tears filling your eyes.
He nodded, gathering you up into his arms. James, Remus, and Peter had all come running over.
"(Y/N), are you okay?" James questioned.
"Are you hurt?" Remus pressed.
"You must've been so scared!" Peter squeaked.
"I just wanna go inside," your speech was muffled by Sirius's robes.
"Alright darling," he stroked your good shoulder reassuringly.
"Oy! What're you lookin' at?" James yelled at a few third years that must have been staring.
"Stop looking!" Peter frowned at the two fifth years we saw in the hallway.
"Nothing to see here," Remus glared at the four seventh years passing by.
You finally made it to the hospital wing.
Sirius placed you gently into the bed and sat next to it, gripping your hand.
"Go get Pomfrey.... please."
The three boys left in search of the nurse.
Sirius went to get up, but you gripped his hand tightly.
"Don't go."
"Darling, I wouldn't leave you if the world was ending."

I'M ON SEASON TWO EPISODE 12 OF DOCTOR WHO THAT'S MY EXCUSE I STARTED WATCHING I'LL UPDATE MORE I SWEAR!
Drop a Comment and vote pleaseeee I need self esteem

   FOLLOW ME ON TUMBLR!
My tumblr is: @imbloodyphantastic