Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter 24

Spencer's POV:

The next day, I woke up in Cameron's arms, and him snoring. I slipped out of his grasp and walked into the bathroom. I slipped into the shower and let the warm water envelope me.

I finished getting ready and I walked out to Cam still sleeping. I laid down right next to him and snuggled up close, making him shift. "Morning, babe." He said, his voice raspy. I smiled, and he rolled around to see my face. He kissed me, and I got out of bed. He started to pout.

"You need to get ready...we have school today." I said, picking up my crutches from my side of the bed and walking over to the door. I walked down my stairway and into the kitchen, grabbing stuff from the refrigerator and setting it on the counter. I made some breakfast for Cam and I and set stuff out on the counter.

Cameron came down a few minutes later and sat down, inhaling his food off his plate. I ate my food and went to go get my bookbag, and then Cam picked it up and threw it over his shoulder. "Since you have crutches, I'll carry your bag." He said, smiling. I smiled and kissed his cheek before walking out, waiting for Cameron to get out of the door. I locked the door and continued to walk with Cameron.

It was hard walking to school with crutches, but I managed to get there. I walked in and sat down in my usual seat, everybody gawking at me. Cameron rested his feet on the bottom of my chair as I set my crutches off to the side. I listened to the teacher on what I missed, and it wasn't really a lot. Though prom was coming up, and I was excited, but I wondered if Cam would ask me, seeming how I was his girlfriend.

I got through first period, but I was constantly stared at...and it made me feel uncomfortable. I walked into my second period class and saw Melanie, and she rushed over to grab my bookbag. "What the hell happened?!" She said, right as I sat down in my seat. "I tripped and fell while I was playing hide and seek in the woods with Nash, Matt, and Cameron." "Oh...who are those people? Besides Cameron." "My friends." "Okay." She said, and she turned her head to the teacher.

I finally made it through to lunch, and I sat down with Cameron and his friends after. I had just got up to get my food when Cam brought me over a tray. "Thanks, babe." I said, kissing him after he sat down next to me. He smiled and we ate and all his friends talked. I just sat there, listening to all the stuff that they talk about. I got up and went outside and sat on the steps.

I thought about Shawn, and I decided to call him, considering that he was on lunch break too. I took out my phone and called, just sitting on the stairs, bitting my lip. "Hello?" I smiled. "Hey little bro." He laughed and I could feel the smile upon his face. "Are you going to Chicago in two weeks with us?" He asked, sounding happy. "Yeah, I'm apart of Magcon, aren't I?" I heard his chuckle as Cameron came rushing down the stairs.

I continued to talk until the bell rang, and I told him that I would talk to him later, and I went back to class with Cameron. "Why did you go sit outside?" "You and your friends were ignoring me." I simply said, frowning. "I wasn't trying to." Cameron stated, and the teacher yelled at us for talking. I just sat there, thinking about Matt, and all the people who I was missing.

I walked home alone, seeming how Cameron rode home with a friend, and that left me to stumble home with my crutches and listen to all the kids snickering at me. I decided to call Matt, seeming how he was the only person who I could rely on. I picked my cellphone out of my pocket and dialed his number.

"Hello?" I heard him answer. "Hey." I said, my voice hoarse. "What's wrong?" He asked, and I just sighed. "Cameron just left me to walk home alone, and I have my crutches of course...and he's just being an ass." I stumbled. "Do you want me to come hang out with you? I'm still in Cali." "Sure." I said, relieved that I would have someone to hand out with this afternoon.

I got to my house, and Matt was waiting at my front door. I smiled and dug my keys out and handed them to him, and he unlocked the door and went inside. He took my bag and I stumbled over to the couch, plopping myself down on the fluffy cushion. Matt sat next to me, and then I felt my phone vibrate. I answered it, not even looking at the caller-ID.

"Hello?" I answered, and someone replied. "Why is Matt at your house?" I heard Cameron say. "I needed someone to hand out with...calm down." "You could have called me." I heard him huff. I just hung up and threw my phone in frustration. "Why can't relationships be easy?" "Because then people would take advantage of other people, and relationships wouldn't really be relationships anymore, they would just be friends with benefits." "But what kind of benefits?" "Love and happiness...I guess." Matt said, giving me a half smile. I returned it, but a little less.

I fell asleep a little later on, just because I was tired, and I felt like Matt was too, because he just stuck his head in the crook of my neck and fell asleep a little before I did. I smiled and drifted off, and I just didn't dream at that point, because there was nothing in my day that I could have dreamt to recreate happiness, because today wasn't a happy day compared to all the rest.