Chapter Three

Chapter three

Spencer's POV:

I woke up to my phone vibrating next to me.

"Hello?" I said in a groggy voice. I heard a chuckle over the line. "Hey lovely." He said, making me smile. I checked the time, 6:15 a.m. in the morning. "God you wake up early." "Well, don't you need to get all pretty for school?" I chuckled and heaved myself out of bed.

Once I hung up, I hopped into the shower and washed everything. I blow dried my hair and curled it. I threw on a pair of light washed shorts and a pink tank top. I grabbed my phone, book bag, and sunglasses and walked out the door. I saw Cameron, and he was going to walk to school with me.

"Hey bae." He said, making me blush and giggle. Did he like me or something? He was hot, like, really hot. The way his hair was quaffed, and how his eyes glittered under the California sun...amazing.

We arrived at school and I had to go to the office and get my schedule for the next few days. It turns out that I had almost every class with Cameron, except for second, fifth, and tenth period. He led me to home room and he sat at the back with his friends. I didn't know where to sit, until Cam motioned me to sit next to him. I shook my head and looked around for another seat. I then realized that that was the only seat in the room. I sighed and walked to the seat, plopping down and taking out a pencil. Cameron leaned over and whispered,

"Now we can talk whole home room, the teacher never pays attention to the people who sit in the back". I shrugged and continued to doodle on the desk and erase it.

I sat in home room for 20 minutes before the bell rang for first period. Cameron lead me to my locker, where I could put all my things? It was right next to his, and it had all his crap in it too. It had coats, shoes, and random papers in it, and he threw all the stuff in the next locker.

The day went by fairly quick, and it was lunch time. I went and grabbed a sandwich, an orange, and an iced tea. Cameron sat down with his friends, and saved me a space to sit next to him.

"Hey, is this your girlfriend?" One guy asked, making googly eyes at Cameron. He shook his head and smirked at me, making me stop chewing my sandwich.

"Haha, no...at least not yet." He smiled, and set the whole table into hysterics. I blushed and finished eating my sandwich. After lunch, I was on my own to find the right room to go to, and I barely made it as the bell rang. I sat down in the back and someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was a girl that seemed friendly, and then she asked,

"Are you the new girl? Is it...um...Spencer?" I smiled and replied, "Yeah, I'm Spencer...and you are?" "Melanie. I saw you with Cameron...what was that about?" "Haha, well, he's really my only friend here. We're neighbors." I stated, picking the piece of hair out of my face.

"Cool, so you live in town?" She asked, looking up at the board to see if the teacher had noticed us talking. "No, I live just a little outside of town. I live in a huge house." I said, eyeing the boy in front of me who was picking his nose. I laughed and moved my head so Melanie could see. She laughed silently and we kept talking.

After that class, Melanie and I walked to our lockers and walked to our next class. Cameron found me while I was walking through the door.

"Hey, how was class?" He asked, putting his arm around my neck jokingly. "Not bad, I didn't learn anything because of Melanie, but I guess I made a new friend." I said, chuckling. He laughed and we sat down in the back, continuing to talk the whole class.

Shawn's POV:

"Hey, have you seen this girl?" I asked yet another person on the street. They kept walking as I sat in the lawn chair, frustrated. I hadn't gotten anything all day, and I had missed a whole day of school just looking for Spencer. She was nowhere in Pickering, and I felt bad that I didn't have anything to bring back to my mother. I became depressed with the fact that she was missing.

I shuffled my feet the whole way home to create as much time as possible. I didn't want to upset my parents or sisters, so I just felt like not going home. I sat down underneath a tree and sulked, trying to figure out why she would leave us.Nothing came to mind.