Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Spencer's POV:

After school, Cameron and I walked home, and he invited me into his house. We walked in and I threw my stuff down in the living room. His house was huge, and I really didn't want to break anything.

"It's fine, you can sit down. You won't break the couch." Cam said, winking at me. I smiled and blushed at him while he walked into the kitchen and grabbed us water. He threw me a bottle of water and I took a sip out of it. He turned on the t.v.and turned it to the sports channel. I got out my history book and looked at the lesson that we had to study.

" Why don't you just relax, Spence. Let loose for a while." Cameron said, taking my book away from me. I tried to get it back, but he held it high in the air so I couldn't reach it. "Come on, Cam. Give it back!" I exclaimed, laughing. He simply just shook his head and threw it across to the other couch. I huffed and gave up, seeming how I was too lazy to get up and get it.

We sat in the living room and watched movies while studying together. He told me about his friends and how they told him that they should date.

"Haha, yeah...that's really what they said." Cameron said, rubbing his hand nervously on his neck. I laughed and blushed. I shrugged and continued to read. After a while, we finished everything and decided to go outside and sit around in the hot sun. We sat by his pool, drinking ice tea. We talked, and then he came up with an idea.

"How about we go out and get dinner together? My treat." He asked, smiling. I giggled and replied, "Sure." He bounced up and took my hand. We walked inside and I packed my stuff up. We walked over to my house and he walked inside.

:Do you need to get ready?" He asked, sitting against the staircase leading upstairs. "Yeah, don't you want me to look pretty?" He chuckled and nodded, "Go get ready. I'll be outside."

I ran upstairs and rummaged through the clothes I had in my closet. I found an Aztec patterned shirt with high waisted light wash shorts. I threw that on my unmade bed and went into the bathroom. I quickly took a shower and let my hair down to dry naturally. I did my makeup and blow dried the rest of my hair. I threw on the outfit and put on my newer converse that matched the shirt. I grabbed my phone and sunglasses and walked out to see Cameron shooting hoops. He stopped mid cross-over to look at me.

I threw my sunglasses on and walked toward the hoop, leaning on the doorframe of the garage door. He stood there, his mouth agape. I chuckled and took the ball from him, putting it back int the garage. I shut the door and started walking toward town.

"So, what would you classify is as?" Cam asked, stepping a little bit closer to me so he wouldn't get run over by the Ferrari passing by. I shrugged and kept walking, getting a little bit of butterflies at the pit of my stomach. We got to the town square and looked around for a nice place to eat. We found this little restaurant that served pizza and other things. We sat down at a table and a waitress came over to take our order.

"What would you like?" She asked in a plastic tone. She batted her eyelashes at Cameron and listened to what he ordered. She turned to me and scowled, and waited for me to choose. I chose a hamburger and some soda. She turned around and winked at Cameron, but she still scowled at me. I sighed and continued to play with my fork.

"Don't worry. I'm here with you, not anyone else." Cam said, scaring me out of my thoughts. I tried to smile, but failed. She brought us our dinner and walked away to go sit at a table to admire Cameron. I was starting to get pissed off at this bitch.

We finished eating and we walked to the beach. We sat down in a couple of beach chairs to just relax before going home.

"So how was your night?" Cameron asked, leaning over the railing of his chair to hear me, the waves were just too loud. I smiled and replied, " Great. It was fun, Cam." I leaned over my chair to get closer to Cameron. He smiled and asked, "Do you want to sit on the ground, I think we would be able to hear each other better. We got on the sand and kept talking.

I was so happy with Cameron. Once, we just stopped talking and looked up at the stars. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close. Looking up at the stars, it reminded me of the Fourth of July that we spent here with my family.

"I don't know if you feel the same, Spencer, but I like you..." Cameron said, snapping me out of my memories. I looked up, our faces inches apart. I smiled...and we closed the gap between our faces.