Chapter Seven: The Deal

I think Akihito might be mad at me. I just want to get out of the game. It's not like I'm causing them any pain, right?

"How about this: we don't kill any players unless they attack us first." He says to me.

I think for a moment. "What if we provoke them so much that they try to kill us?"

"I'd hope that doesn't happen."

"But we'd be able to kill them, right?"

"Don't get any ideas, Mayu."

"I'm just saying." I protest.

"Let's go out to look for-" Akihito starts to glow blue. "Oh, come on! Is this another forced teleportation?"

I shrug. Next thing I know, we're back in the town where we first started out.

"Players, welcome back. I have a certain deal that you all might be interested in. I will be in an avatar on the 100th floor. Come up and challenge me one on one. Defeat me and everyone gets out. I will be choosing my opponent out of all of the people that come. The same conditions apply. If your health goes down to zero, you die in both the game and real life. Continue playing." The figure that appeared on day one disappears.

I do hope someone challenges him and wins. It's been six months and I want to leave.

I teleport back to the inn with Akihito. "Mayuri... What if we challenged him?" He asks me.

I look at him with a blank expression. Challenge the game maker? He has special skills, right? How could we possibly... "Okay. When do we go?" I surprise myself with my response.

"Lets get up to level 70," he suggests. "We're only five levels away."

I nod. He walks to the door to our room and opens it. He gestures for me to go first, so I walk out. Time to get some experience points.

Kills

Mayuri: 4

Akihito: 1

People dead throughout the entire game: 4658

People left: 28,408

People escaped: 105

A/N Have I described the characters? Because I know I have problems forgetting to say what the characters look like. In case I haven't, Mayuri has shoulder length, chocolate brown hair. She had brown eyes, sort of pale skin and is up to Akihito's chin, so 5'3"-ish. Akihito has short, black hair. He has brown eyes, isn't tan but isn't pale and is about 5'7".