Chapter Four: Trust No One

Fives guys and one girl wave to us outside of the inn Akihito and I stayed in. Akihito waves back. I just stand behind him. The two of us walk to our new guild. They introduce themselves. The boy that recruited us, the one with dark brown hair, is Yukine. The one wearing a purple shirt is Hiroomi. Hinata is the girl. Haruka is the blonde haired boy. Kaito and Raito, I'm guessing they're twins because they look alike, are the ones with light brown hair. Yukine is the guild leader and Haruka is his right-hand-man.

Akihito bows. "It is very nice to meet you. I am Akihiro and this is Mayu. We are IRL friends." I bow as well.

"We are going to complete a dungeon now. You two will join us, right?" says the guild leader, Yukine.

"Yeah, of course. You guys are our new guild, after all." Akihito nudges me, so I nod.

"Great!" says Haruka. "Let's get going!"

We arrive at the floor 20 dungeon. It is easy enough for everyone, even Hiroomi who is level 25. The dungeon is level 30. I pull out my sword. So does everyone else.

***

Why does Yukine wear a strange expression?

***

We walk down the pathway, frequently getting attacked by monsters. They are easy to kill.

***

He is looking jittery. Maybe he is just hyperactive.

***

"We'll take a break after we kill fourty monsters," says Yukine. "Everyone alright?"

A few people in our group say yes.

***

His eyes are moving around a lot. What is he thinking? My therapist told me how to read body language, but for some reason, I can't recall.

***

"Okay, everyone, good work. Time for a break. I'm going with Haruka to scout around. You guys wait here." Yukine and Haruka walk away.

I sit next to Akihito. One of the guild members, Hinata, asks us, "So, how are you liking your new guild? We're pretty cool, huh."

A message bubble pops up. It reads Guild has been disbanded. I start to panick. Guild members can't kill each other. Are Haruka and Yukine... Are they planning to...

Hinata screams as a sword passes through her body. Her health bar is quickly going down. Yukine and Haruka are planning to wipe us out. Hinata shatters into pieces that look like blue shards of glass. I stare at them as they float away. Hiroomi has been stabbed by Haruka. Akihito and I are next.