Chapter 32 •Tobias' POV•

Tris goes into the bathroom to change out of her dress. She seemed uncomfortable in it, so I gave her one of my bigger shirts.

I sit on the bed as she comes back, noticing me shirtless. I feel her eyes on me, as she sit down next to me.

"Like what you see?" I ask.

She looks away, biting her lip. Her face is a bright shade of red, and I pull her into my lap, and she tenses, but quickly relaxes. I wrap my arms around her small shoulders and breathe against her neck

She shivers, but dismisses it, and takes my hand. Her fingertips stroke my hand, as I run my fingers through her hair. She turns her head and looks at me, as if she is staring deep into me. I stare back, into her eyes, which seem brighter, even after she took off the makeup Christina made her wear. She smiles.

"Please, do me a favor and kiss me." She says, in her perfect, clear voice.

I lean in, but stop, inches away from her lips.

"Why don't you just kiss me?" I ask.

"I don't want you to pull away, and I make a fool of myself." She says.

Why does she doubt herself? Does she think that she isn't good enough? Don't I show her how much I love her? Does she have any clue how much I love her?

I sigh. "I just don't know how to fix you." I say, shaking my head.

"Fix me?" Her voice shakes.

I kiss her cheek. "You seem to have a barrier in your head that blocks out the thought of me loving you." I say. "And it's getting in the way."

She laughs, shakily, and blushes. I kiss her, and she eagerly kisses back. Her hands slip through my hair, and I tug her closer. I feel her heartbeat against my chest, and its as fast as mine, maybe even faster.

She pulls away, for a long second.

"I love you." She says.

"I love you, too."

This time she kisses me, and I trace the ravens on her collarbone. The last one is just at the hem of her shirt, and as I move my hand down to trace it, she tenses, taking my wrist. She slowly places it on her waist.

"Sorry." I hear her mutter.

I kiss her. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

When I look down at her, she looks tired. No wonder, it was like that when I had my first birthday here.

"You look tired." I say, scooping her up in my arms. "Lets go to bed."

"I can walk, you know." She says, but I can tell she doesn't mind, as she rests her head on my shoulder.

I slip her under the covers, then slide behind her.

Her back is against my chest, and she closes her eyes. She doesn't go to sleep though. She rolls into me, now on her back rather than her side.

"I can't believe it's been almost a year." She says.

"A year since when?" I ask.

"I came here. I met you." She says, deep in thought.

"You've met me before Choosing Day." I say. "Honestly, I was nervous you'd notice who I was."

"You didn't seem nervous." She states. "You seemed intimidating, strict, emotionless, quiet..."

"Well then, I'm glad I made a good first impression." I say, rolling my eyes. "Did you ever think about me in the first few days?"

She rolls back over, and pretends to fall asleep.

I shake her. "Don't ignore the question!"

She groans, and looks at me, her cheeks flushed.

"Fine, yes, I did, a lot." She says. "But I didn't really think about you that way. At night, my mind would wonder, and sometimes it would end up at you. But mainly it would what faction you came from, what your real name was, that stuff."

I smile. "Oh yeah, just all the really personal stuff."

She laughs, "What about you? Any early feelings?"

I sigh. "The first night. I knew there was something different about you. I couldn't put my finger on it though." I tell her. "When we climbed the Ferris wheel, I suspected myself for having feelings. Then, when I had to throw those knives at you, I knew it was true. I liked you a lot."

She blushes, yawning. She huddles under the covers more, starting to fall asleep. "Good night."

"Night, Tris." I say, falling asleep.