Chapter 13

I wake up, and look around, remembering I slept at Tobias' apartment. I look to him, and he is staring at me, smiling.

"Good morning." He says, pulling me toward him.

"How long have you been staring at me?" I ask, putting my hand on this bare chest, and I feel his heartbeat.

He brushes my cheek, and pulls in for a kiss. I kiss back, but pull away.

"You didn't answer my question." I smile.

"Fine, only a few minutes." He kisses me again, and I run my fingers through his hair.

We lay, kissing, for a while, before we hear a knock on the door.

"What do they want?" I whine.

"I don't know." He says, getting up.

He pulls on a shirt, and I run my fingers through my hair, getting any knots out. He looks at me and tells me to pretend to be asleep, so I huddle under the covers, with only my head uncovered.

I hear Zeke's voice, followed by Tobias'.

"What should I get her, like dude, I really like her." Zeke asks.

Probably about Shauna. Her birthday was coming up.

"You know her better than I do." Tobias states plainly. "But get her a ring, or a necklace or something. You could ask Tris, but you have to wake her."

I hear the exaggeration in his voice and know he wants me to scare Zeke. I feel a slight touch on my shoulder, and shoot up. Zeke jumps back, startled.

"What was that for?" He shouts at us, both laughing.

"Nothing, just wanted to get back at you." Tobias says through laughs.

We calm down, and I get out of bed and sit on the edge, while Zeke is on the nearby couch and Tobias is in the shower.

"But seriously, gift ideas for Shauna?" He asks me.

"Four was right about the jewelry, she would love to have a locket or something you buy for her that's one of a kind." I tell him.

"Thanks." He looks over to the bathroom, the shower water still running. "How long does it take him to shower?"

"Chances are," I whisper, walking over toward the door. "He is spying, trying to get ideas for me, from me." I turn the door knob and open it, and Tobias trips out.

I smile. "Told you."

Zeke says goodbye and leaves, leaving me alone, yet again with Four, who is slightly mad at me. Before he does anything, I bolt.

Running out of the room, still last night's clothes, I go for the only place I can think of.

The training room.

I come to a stop, memories flashing through my mind. The first fight, the knives, the first time I held a gun. I continue to think, until a hand comes from behind, and plants its self on my stomach. I immediately tense up, by instinct.

I hear a chuckle, and turn my head to see Tobias.

"Remember when I did this?" He asks, with an amused look on his face.

"Not gonna be forgetting that anytime soon." I say, still tense.

He releases his hand, and I go to grab a gun. I shuffle my hand on the underside of the table, finding the hidden box of bullets.

"How'd you know that was there?" He asks, in instructor mode.

I smirk, "Saw it there."

I walk over to a target, and inhale, aim, exhale, fire. Just like Four taught me. It misses the exact middle by just a few inches.

"Your shoulders are slouching a bit." Tobias says, in his quiet, intimidating voice.

I stand up taller and fire again, hitting the exact center. I see him smile, and he kisses my cheek. I blush, and hear the door open.

I see Uriah, Zeke, Marlene, Lynn, and Shauna.

"I told you they would be in here." Lynn remarks. She looks over to us. "Come on, initiation just ended, do you really need to practice?"

"More of a hobby, really." Tobias says, putting the gun away.

We walk to the dining hall, and I grab a piece of cake, while the others go sit at a table. I walk over and sit next to Christina and Tobias.

"Isn't it a bit early for cake?" Uriah, across the table, says.

I open my mouth to respond, but Tobias speaks up, "It's never too early for chocolate cake."