Chapter 37 | Her Shadow

Magsimula sa umpisa

"It isn't your fault, not Keith's nor Natasha's." I told her. How could she even think it was? I was angry but not at her. I was at the douchebag Trace. That manipulative, abusive fucker broke her and she was getting worse as time went on. "Just like you, Natasha was another one of their victims but everything changes now. It's time they pay for what they've done."

I wasn't giving empty threats. I was will to go to my father if it was necessary. I was willing to do anything to make them feel the way all of their victims felt.

"Lets just get rid of them first." She mumbled. I sighed and loosened my grip on her. I was a little surprised when she turned around and hugged me but I quickly hugged her back.

"I love you." She mumbled to my chest. I kissed the top of her head and told her I loved her too.

"Can I pick a room upstairs?" she asked. "I like the view here and I know you'll close the curtains soon. I promise I won't turn any light on of the blinds aren't down." She rambled and I nodded at her. I was partially relieved because she was talking now but I knew she was hiding her emotions.

She walked up the stairs and I took our bags with me. She wasn't going to sleep alone. I followed her upstairs and I found her standing in the doorway of one of the rooms. I smile stretched across my face and I stood beside her.

"It's yours isn't it?" she said, taking a few steps inside. It indeed was and I told her that.

"Were you always a stuck up jock?" she asked with a smile playing on her face. "Babe, I'm not stuck up." She rolled her eyes and scoffed at me. I wanted to kiss her right then but I wanted her to talk to me.

"You know, I was a stuck up cheerleader in freshmen year." She said with a smirk. "I knew it. You're so predictable." I told her as I kissed her cheek. I couldn't help myself. The more time we spent together, the more I wanted her.

Her smile disappeared and her nervous expression took over. Lately, she had this look a lot and immediately prepared myself for her.

She sat on my bed and took my hands in hers. I crouched down on the ground in front of her so she couldn't avoid my gaze by throwing her head down.

"So you wouldn't be surprised if I asked for my medicine?" she didn't say anything wrong but when she gave them to me, I hoped that she'd forget about them. I had to restrain from furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"Are you sure? Is there something I can do?" I tried to use the right words since this was a fragile topic.

She shook her head and lied back on the bed. "I just need one pill right now and then I was hoping I could take a nap. Hopefully I'll feel better after that." She said. I stood up and caressed her cheek and gave her a forceful smile before taking her prescription bottle out of my duffle bag.

Her eyes were glossy from behind her glasses and I knew she would cry if I left so I made sure hurry up as I got her water.

Her eyes were dry when I came back but I saw a trace of a tear on the back of her kissed. I kissed it as she took the pill and chucked it down with water.

Then I pressed my lips against hers and laid her back on my bed. She was reluctantly kissing me back but I didn't mind. I wanted to show her I loved her. I started to kiss her neck, the way it drove her crazy but she pulled my head back and looked into my eyes. I was going to swoop in and kiss her but she didn't allow it.

"No more hickies. You should be glad my hair covered it and mom didn't notice in the morning," she warned. I rolled my eyes and grinned.

"Yes ma'am," I said before taking off her glasses and planting butterfly kisses all over her face. She giggled and I couldn't feel more proud of myself for making her laugh.