“What?” I asked, curious, hoping this conversation wouldn’t lead to talking about Niall.

“To be a princess and live in a castle.” she sighed. “What I wouldn’t do to catch a prince’s eye just for a chance to live there.”

“I don’t think I’d want that, you’d have so much responsibility.” I said flatly.

“True,” she laughed tightly, obviously unhappy with my answer. “I think it might be worth it though. All of the servants, fame, and money...”

“Of course not! That’s awful, Morgan.” I interceded. “Using someone for their fame and such...”

She nodded pleased, raising an eyebrow. “So you’d never use someone for their riches?”

“Who do you think I am?” I scoffed; partially offended that she would ever think that I would do that. “It’s sickening.” I continued, feeling the words flow hotly from my mouth. “How would you feel if you were in love with someone, and you found out they’d only been using you for something you had? That’s the last thing that anyone on the planet would want. They need someone to love them for what’s inside, regardless of what they had or looked like.”

“Agreed.” Morgan nodded in approval, a large smile covering her face. “I presume...” she stole a quick glance at my face before she continued. “That’s what Niall wants, and thought you could give to him.”

My body froze at the mention of his name. I turned away from her angrily, knowing that she had somehow managed once again to key her way into my innermost thoughts.

Morgan spoke carefully. “You can’t just go through the rest of your days, attempting to forget what happened last night. You guys both hurt each other,” she said desperately. “Now it’s your job to fix it.”

I knew she was right, I just neglected to believe it. Last night was my fault, leaving me the only one with the power to fix it. I felt my self-control weakening but I did my best to keep up my façade. My body remained firm on the bench.

“I know this is hurting you inside but you are too damn stubborn to say so.” she continued. “You can’t tell me you don’t want to fix this, because I know how much you care about him, Ness. He obviously cares about you too.”