chapter twenty-four.

Thalia's POV

I smile as Theo kicks around and giggles, being as happy and active as ever.

"If you weren't so damn cute, I'd be angry that you won't let me get you dressed." Nate mutters with a chuckle. I smile and watch as he struggles. That's what Nate gets for betting that I couldn't shower, get dressed and be fully ready in under an hour.

"Having fun there, Garner?" I giggle and continue to watch the grade A entertainment with a smug look.

"Yes, future Garner." He throws a brief smirk my way, immediately sending my smirk away. My cheeks immediately fill with pulsating blood. Is he really planning on marrying me?

I'm too in shock to actually respond to his comment so I change the subject, "Finish dressing him, we told Lisa we'd be there at 10 and its 10:12." I giggle. I don't miss the split second where his smile falters, but he's quick to fix it, he tries to only ever show me his good side.

"Yes, darling, I know, and I'm sorry, he's just very energetic right now." Nate finally gets Theo's pants on and starts with the socks and shoes.

"Let me help, babe." I smile as his face washes with relief.

"Thank you so much." He hands me the left sock and left shoe and we quickly tackle getting Theo photo ready. Lisa wanted him over for pictures and quality time because Grayson's back at university and she didn't get to see Theo all of summer while Gray was here.

By the time we're all ready and have triple checked that everything is in the car, its 10:28. Lisa won't mind though, because Theo melts her every worry with a simple giggle, just like he does to me.

Ten minutes later, I'm rushing to get Theo and my purse while Nate gets the diaper bag and the play pen. I look him over and bite my lip.He is such a hot dad.

"Stop staring and knock on the door, baby girl." Nate laughs but suggestively wiggles his eyebrows. I blush again and nod, walking up and knocking. The door flies open and Sean's unamused face greets us.

"You're 40 minutes late." He monotonously says, but his voice cracks at the end, indicating he's not serious. I blush and nervously laugh anyway.

"Theo was absolutely filled with energy, I'm so sorry." He steps aside and let's us in as he let's the mask fall and laughs.

"He's exactly like Grayson. Bouncing off the walls." He smiles and takes Theo into his arms. "Aren't you, little one? Always excited and happy, huh?"

My heart sinks. They never fail to bring Grayson up at least once.

"Yeah, he's very similar to him." I force a smile as Nate and I walk in. Lisa rushes over and immediately coos over Theo.

"He looks so handsome!" She squeals as she makes grabby hands for him.

"Theo," he turns to look at me with an adorable smile, "Say hi to Nana and Poppa." Theo giggles and turns to his grandparents, squealing and trying to speak.

"N... N.. Na!" He giggles. "P-Pa!" We all laugh and the previous, and minor, tension disappears.

Nate then helps Lisa adjust the backdrop she rented from the photography place up the street as Sean messes with the camera.

"Darling," Lisa looks at me, "Is he doing good with paying attention to you calling his name or should we have Sean jingle his keys?" I smile softly. 

"Keep the keys on hand just in case, he's unpredictable." Just like Grayson.

Soon enough, we have Theo sitting by the back drop and we're taking pictures. Theo is cooperative, and then Lisa smiles.

"Alright, Lia, go pose with him." My eyes widen. 

"But I'm not ready for the picture..." I blush. Nate chuckles and walks up to me, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You're always absolutely beautiful. Trust me." My heart flutters with his whispered words and I go and pose with Theo as Lisa whispers to Nate and he nods. Nate smiles at me before making the ugliest and funniest faces, accompanied by weird noises, making both Theo and I burst into laughter. As soon as we laugh, flashes go off, but Theo and I are too preoccupied with Nate to really pay attention to the flashes. Soon, Lisa smiles and looks over at Nate.

"We're good, Nate. Now go pose with them." Nate looks surprised for a second before coming to pose with us. Our first, official family photo.