frosting

requested by Faley47 I hope you love it and thank you for reading !!

I sighed deeply after pushing the last tray of raw cookie dough into the oven. Cookie cutters are not as fast as they claim to be, let me just tell you that.

"You know, if you had made muffins, you wouldn't have had to put them all in different shapes." Shawn mumbled from the kitchen table. I turned around to shoot him a glare and held his hands up in defense. "I mean, common, you know I prefer muffins, why cookies?"

"Because, Shawn, the Fourth of July is coming up and I wanted to make cookies for it." I snapped. I was just a little stressed.

He gave me a questioning look. "The fourth is in like, two weeks." He told me.

I walked over the to the table to sit across from him. Pulling the chair out from under the table, I pushed his legs off it before sitting down. "I know, I just felt like it." I replied, resting my head in my hands.

We waited until the cookies in the oven were done, which thankfully didn't take too long. Once I pulled them out and set them out I retrieved the pints of frosting from the fridge.

"Help me frost?" I asked Shawn, smiling back at him.

He sighed and looked at me before setting his phone down and nodding sheepishly. I knew he liked cookies too.

We colored the frosting, leaving one white and turning the other two red and blue and set them out on the table in little bowls with spoons.

"Common, hurry! I wanna eat them already!" I exclaimed to Shawn while taking some cookies on a plate and sitting at the table. I got through about three cookies while Shawn was still working on his first.

"What's taking you so long?" I asked him.

He groaned and set down the frosting, quite aggressively I might add. "I'm not good at this, Faith, how'd you do it?" He asked me, annoyance clear in his tone.

"Let me see." I mumbled. He slowly held his cookie up for me to see, and boy did it look bad. "Oh my god. Shawn, what car hit your cookie?" I asked, giggles erupting from me.

He looked down at his cookie which should have been a flag but instead was a mountain of multicolor frosting. Colors we didn't even have set in front of us, they had mixed. I saw a gleam of mischief flash in his eyes, but before I could object to what he was about to do, he was already doing it. His cookie was rammed frosting first into my face, and when the actual cookie part fell, mount frost was left on my face.

I wiped at my eyes while opening my mouth, attempting to breath for a moment considering instead of breathing through my nose I was inhaling the sent of vanilla.

"Shawn!" I squealed. He burst into laughter, giving me the perfect opportunity to get him back.

I took a spoonful of frosting and catapulted it onto his cheek. Silence fell for a moment, then all at once it was war. I was catapulting frosting everywhere and he was crumbling and throwing cookies at me.

"Shawn, the cookies!" I yelled through my laughter.

After a few minutes, the war had turned from, yea it's a little messy but not that bad to we're both gonna need showers after this.

We were no longer sitting at the table, but instead standing and smothering each others faces in frosting and cookie crumbs.

"Wait wait!" Shawn said, backing up. Both of us heaved from our loss of breath. "Truce?" He asked.

I breathed heavily through my mouth while nodding quickly. "Deal."

We looked each other up and down a bit before breaking into a fit of laughter.

"You look ridiculous." He mumbled while walking towards me. He placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer.

I scoffed. "So do you."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!" I exclaimed before he pressed his lips against mine. I giggled into the kiss but ultimately kissed back. A few seconds past before I pulled away.

"What's wrong?" He asked, concern etched onto his face.

Before I said anything, I slapped the handful of frosting I had grabbed onto his face and backed away from him quickly while he attempted to wipe it off but only made a bigger mess.

"You're dead Faith!" He yelled.

I burst into laughter while beginning to run away. "You'll have to catch me first!"

Ok, um... 2 things. One, I'm a sUCKY ass writer, or maybe it's not the writing I'm sucky at but maybe it's the whole 'time management' thing haha. hehe. hmm.

So obviously this was supposed to come out before Fourth of July, buttttt it didn't. So just like... pretend it did. Second thing, my book Stripper, is going to be updated for the first time in like... forever, so go catch up if you haven't read it yet!!!

More updates on the way but I hoped you liked this cute one. Another thing, I played illuminate on shuffle all day yesterday and today and now I have all this inspiration so hereeeee it comes, be ready. I love you all so much and I'll talk to y'all later! BYE!!

x Isabella