Chanel N'5

Imagine...

The space beside me was empty once again. Shawn didn't used to be gone so late but it's been more frequently.

Him and his work.

I decided to wake up and make some food for when he got home, he'd probably be hungry from working so late. I was proud of him, don't get me wrong, he's been recording more songs lately so he'd been getting home late. I was very happy for him, it's just... I missed him. I didn't see him as much. I left for work early and then went to sleep before he got home.

I sighed as I pushed my thoughts away and proceeded to cooking some food. It was 10:31 so he should probably be home soon. He had told me before that he'd be getting home around 10:45 so not too long to wait.

After a few minutes I had finished preparing the left over Chinese food so I separated it into 2 bowls before taking a seat at the dinner table. I could see the front doors from my seat, so I waited.

About 10 minutes had passed and I began to grow hungry at the smell of the food in front of me. I decided I'd eat mine and then continue waiting for Shawn. I did just that. A half hour had gone by now. I didn't know if I should text or call, maybe he had to stay later.

I took his bowl to the kitchen and placed saran wrap over it before putting it in the fridge. I turned back to the clock on the stove. The digital numbers read 11:28. I'd been waiting almost an hour.

As if on cue, I heard the door behind me open and I turned to see Shawn walking in. He glanced at me and his face turned to confusion.

"Hi baby." He mumbled. He set his backpack on the table and walked over to me. He didn't hug me, or even touch me, which confused me. He used to always greet me with a hug or a kiss. But now he stood on the opposite side of the kitchen. "What are you doing up so late?" He asked me.

I shrugged. "I dunno, I woke up and decided to make you some food, there's some leftovers in the fridge." I told him.

He smiled warmly. "That sounds amazing."

We both moved towards the fridge to get the food but he jumped back before getting to close. He laughed it off trying to act like he didn't just try to avoid contact. I didn't say anything though, he was acting weird but I tried to ignore it.

I pulled the bowl out of e fridge and extended my arm towards him. He looked away though. "I'm gonna go put my stuff upstairs, can you put it on the table." Before I could even reply, he turned and ran up the stairs with his bag.

I glared at the stairs as he left. He was trying to avoid contact, and I had no idea why. I sniffed my hair then my t-shirt, I smelt like soap. What was his deal? I set the bowl on the island counter and stood beside it.

He descended the stairs minutes later and looked from the empty table to me, confused. "Am I not allowed to eat?" He asked in a joking manner, but I was upset.

"You want the food? Get it." I told him, looking down at the bowl then back at him. I hoped that I was being paranoid and he would just grab the bowl, but he looked away.

"Babe what's wrong?" He asked me, as if I was in fault.

"Get the bowl Shawn? Or would you like me to back away then you could get it?" I was being blunt, but now I was becoming angrier.

He furrowed his eyebrows in frustration. "You know what, never mind, I'm not hungry." He began to turn away but I ran to chase him. As I got closer I realized why he was avoiding me.

It wasn't because I smelled or anything to do with me.

"Chanel #5?" I spit.

He stopped dead in his tracks, but didn't turn. He knew I found out.

"I didn't take you as one to wear a girls perfume." I whispered, my voice deadly quiet. The room became so silent you could hear a pin drop. He turned slowly, his eyes now wide and fear running through them.

"(y/n), please listen." He began.

"Take your shirt off Shawn." I whispered, looking at the floor.

"You need to understand-"

"Take your goddamn shirt off!" I yelled, looking up at him.

His face fell as he slowly obliged. He didn't take his eyes off me, nor did I, as he removed his black t-shirt. Once I slipped off his body, I turned away so he wouldn't see me cry.

Fresh purple marks littered his skin. They were everywhere. Scratch marks and hickeys made by someone who was not me. The imagine of Shawn making love to someone who was not me burned it my head.

I expected I'd be screaming and crying and smashing everything in sight right now. I wanted to. I felt the urge to turn and slap Shawn until his cheeks were red and swollen, but I couldn't. I fell to the floor in a crying heap.

I smelt the girls perfume again meaning Shawn was crouched beside me. It burned my nostrils and filled my lungs, only making me cry harder.

This is a really long imagine bc I really liked this idea idk. AHAHAHAHA I have no soul. That autocorrected to uppercase and I don't feel like going back to fix it so imagine it's not.