bad liar

lol this has no relation to Selena's song, I love that song though and the title lmao

2:34

The white numbers on my phone screen mocked me. Shawn would be home in the next ten minutes, just like yesterday, and the day before that too, and before that. He didn't know I knew, but I did. I knew how he always got home late, slightly drunk. I knew how he would take a quick shower, brush his teeth, and then take some Advil then go to bed. Then in the morning, he wouldn't smell like alcohol and didn't have a hangover. If I hadn't woken up in the middle of the night a few days ago and saw he wasn't home, I probably would've never known he was staying out late.

I heard the downstairs door click before there was light footsteps coming up the stairs. I was gonna do it tonight. I was gonna confront him and finally find out where he had been going.

I sat up right and straightened out the t-shirt and shorts I wore to sleep. When the door opened and Shawn's eyes fell on me, my heart almost broke at the sight. There was blood around his lips and bruises forming under his eye and jaw.

"Shawn..." I croaked.

He sighed and his shoulders fell. "(y/n), now is not the time. Can we please talk about it in the morning?" His tone set me back into reality, and I remembered what I wanted to do. What I had to do.

"No, let's talk about it now." I muttered. He rolled his eyes making me furrow my eyebrows. "Where are you going Shawn? And you're drinking again?"

"Out, that's where I'm going. Ok? And yea, a drink a little. I'm not alcoholic, and you're not my mom."

"But I am you're girlfriend." I replied.

He closed his mouth into a thin line and turned, looking me in the eyes for the first time this night. "Then maybe that should change."

My jaw fell and it felt like every ounce of air in my body left. "I-I'm just looking out for you." I whispered.

"I'm not a child. I don't need you breathing down my neck every second." He replied, pinching the bridge of his nose.

I gaped at him. "How are you gonna go out with friends every night, get drunk, and come home and call me the bad guy?!" I shouted.

"I'm not drunk." He muttered while unbuttoning his shirt.

"You're not sober!" I exclaimed. "Shawn, I-I love you, I just want to be here for you. Let me in!" I told him.

Once his shirt was removed, he stared at the wall for a moment, lost in thought. I didn't say anything to break the silence, I wanted him to.

"I kissed someone else tonight." He whispered, so quietly I had to question if he even said it at all.

"W-what?" I replied, whispering as well.

"I kissed someone else, and not a small peck. If she hadn't drunken so much and had to leave to throw up, we probably would've gone all the way."

I stayed quiet. What was I supposed to say? If I tried to open my mouth, all that would happen is I would choke up, which would end in crying.

"Did you want to go all the way with her?" I asked him slowly.

He turned and faced me, his eyes were red and wide, tears forming in them. He started to shake his head while talking, "no, I would never want to hurt you like that."

I chuckled quietly and stood off the bed. standing across him, I looked anywhere but at him, the sight of him would probably disgust me. "you've always been a bad liar." I whispered.

I began walking towards the bathroom attached to our room. Before I closed the door behind me, I turned muttered, "Start packing your stuff, you're leaving in the morning."

Oh ouch, also I can't stop laughing because this book is #529 in fanfiction. I'm like dying of laughter oh my god. But even then thank you all, because out of the thousands of books under fanfiction, y'all got this one to #529. I love you all an insane amount and I'll talk to y'all later! Bye!!

x Isabella