III - Escapee of the Underworld

"I'm not sure where my soul is

Never have i been this alone Endless pain is all i know Endless reminders of what i've done Disguised as anger

Someone save me from myself Killing is not the right answer, please remind me You need to rescue me before you're all gone and i'm all alone

But no one seems to understand that i don't know what to do to fix this Underneath all this is a lost soul They all hate me now, though

If there's hope, please show it to me

Can't you understand All i want is sky No one is listening They all want to kill me now

How is there no one left All you need to do is look closer at me Venomous words i don't mean keep coming out of my mouth Everything is crashing down

Half-heartedly i wake up every morning Everyday is a battle for a will to live Run from me."

-Need from Matt's notebook

---

Everything was quiet for a little while. the world(s) were on the edges of their seats, waiting for Matt's next move. They didn't have to wait long.

At that point, Matt was the Dark Prophet of the Fourth dimension, an Immortal, and completely in control of Harley's invisible army and her weaponry. The only person who had more power than Matt was Zach- and that needed to be fixed.

"Sir, are you ready to head for the Fourth dimension? Remember, Zach said he would be there," one of the invisible (to everyone but Matt) soldiers asked. Matt only shrugged. "Sure. Why not."

It wasn't long before Matt was walking through the forest in the Fourth dimension, the invisible army behind him. Zach already knew Matt was there; they were the Light and Dark Prophets, after all. They each could always tell if the other was in the Fourth dimension.

Matt appeared to be alone when he emerged from the woods. Zach, however, was not alone.

Standing with him were Dakota, Raven, Varrick, Finn, Juan, and Noah.

(The rules are a bit different in this world. A dead person can come back for a little while, like a ghost, but if they stay too long or are killed while they're there, they'll be completely erased from existence.)

Not to mention that Zach, Juan, and Noah were all kings and had their own armies.

The battle broke out. Noah launched himself at Matt, but Zach shoved Noah away, ordering him to help someone else.

The two most powerful people quarreled. Zach could have easily defeated anyone else. Although Zach was physically stronger than Matt, Matt had a landslide advantage mentally. Matt was technically mentally unstable, but that was where he got his drive. Unintentionally, he'd been picking away at Zach's sanity. Zach was supposed to save everyone, but he couldn't. He should have done better. He should have shot Matt before he gained so much power, but he didn't. He should have done better. He hadn't helped anyone. Matt wasn't afraid of anything. He had nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

The battle continued, each person taking hits, but no one willing to surrender. After all, the winner of this battle would pretty much rule the universe.

Suddenly, Zach found himself on the ground, with Matt's gun pointed at his head.

Matt pushed his hair out of his face, and realized everyone had stopped fighting. They were all watching Zach and Matt's struggle. Zach froze, and tensed.

"Matt?" a voice said, very softly. Slowly, all heads turned in that direction. Matt tensed, and slowly turned his head.

His breath caught. Slowly, his gun slipped out of his hand, and hit the ground.

"Sky?" he said in disbelief- and he wasn't wrong. Standing there in front of everyone was Sky. Her clothes were singed, but she was there. She was alive.

"Matt, what are you doing? I leave, and you..." She looked around, and then looked back at Matt. Matt hadn't stopped looking at her, holding his breath. "What're you doing?" Sky asked again.

Matt slowly stepped away from Zach, his eyes glued to Sky. "Sky..." he said again, reluctant to let himself believe she was actually back. He was at a loss for words. He managed to stammer out an, "I missed you..."

That was an understatement, and everyone knew it.

"You missed me?" Sky sighed, running a hand through her hair and looking around at the mess Matt had made. She let out a breath, closing her eyes for a minute. "I missed you too, Matt. But this? This is... insanity..."

Matt's gaze still didn't leave her face. He was still holding his breath. His hands trembled, and he didn't bother to hide it. It didn't matter. He just waited for Sky to either save him or destroy him.

He took a slow breath. "I love you," he said shakily, watching her.

She shuddered slightly. With decision, she walked fowards. She walked towards Matt, and then she ran to him. She threw her arms around him, letting her tears spill. Matt choked, closing his eyes, tears of relief slipping past his defences. "I love you, too," Sky said softly, her voice trembling.

After a moment, she pulled away from him. She stepped back, and wiped her face. Matt just kept his eyes on her as she stepped away, to Noah.

(Noah had befriended Sky, and was the closest thing to a friend of hers beside Matt, since Alex was dead.)

Matt's eyes never left her. Her emotions hook over again, and this time, Noah gently hugged her.

Zach was on his feet again, although Matt didn't notice until he spoke: "So do you surrender?"

Matt didn't even look away from Sky. Slowly, he nodded.