IV - Overpowered is his Game

"Someone I
know. Someone who said, 'I love
you,' and meant it.

Standing and
knowing I'm ruining it all by
yelling even though she's innocent.

Sitting and
kicking the dirt,
yearning for her.

Somehow I tricked myself into thinking I
know how to fix this, but I am ignorant and
youthful, and unhappily doomed.

Someone help me, I'm
kneading these evil thoughts into my mind and
yeiling to their intentions."

-Untitled Acronyms from Matt's notebook
---

"What else do you want? With everything you've done, I could make you immortal," Harley said, as Matt walked into her cave. Matt only chuckled. "Why not just make me an Immortal?" he suggested, pushing his hair out of his face. A grin grew on Harley's face. "That's a good idea."

In the next moments, Matt was transformed into an Immortal.

There are differences between immortality and being an Immortal. For one, Immortals cannot be killed by mortal weapons. Usually Immortals have a different appearance, but Matt was spared any extreme physical transformation. Sure, his appearance got a bit of boost (not that he really needed it), but other than that, nothing extreme happened to his appearance. He gained the ability to use any tree as a portal to the Immortal world. He was given a black hoodie to wear that indicated he was a dark Immortal. And of course, Immortals don't die or age.

Harley next sent Matt to kill Noah.

It wasn't hard to find Noah.

"Alexa, stay where you are," Noah said as Matt stepped into the clearing.

In case there's confusion, Alexandrea was the princess of the Third dimension, Matt's aunt, and Noah's friend (maybe more than a friend?). Noah was something like a body guard to her.

Matt casually leaned against a tree and looked at Noah, who looked right back.

"Surprised you haven't tried to shoot me yet," Matt said, "With the orders to 'shoot on sight' from Zach and all."

Noah simply shook his head. "I couldn't shoot you if I wanted to. Zach doesn't trust me with Immortal weapons. I want to talk to you."
"Talk then."
"Do you want her back?"

Matt fell quiet. Noah spoke again, "We could find a way to get her back. All you have to do is stop."
"It's not that simple."
"Except it is. We could get her back, and drop the charges, too. It's exactly that simple."

There was another pause, and Matt pulled out his gun. "It's not that simple."

Noah shook his head. "Is this what Sky would want? You running around and killing everyone?" There was silence. Noah let out a long breath. "You know, we have a lot in common."
"We have a lot of differences," Matt said flatly.
"Like what?"
"You have a weakness." Matt gestured to Alexa with his gun.
"That I do," Noah agreed.
A smirk grew on Matt's face as he regained his confidence. "Anything you want to say to her before you die?"
"Yes, actually. But not to her, to you. I've died and come back before. And I'll do it again. You can kill me as many times as you like, Matt, but I'll come back. I'll come back until I finally kill you. You can bet your life on it. You can't get rid of me."
Matt just chuckled. "Whatever you say, Noah. Watch me."
Matt's gun went off, and Noah collapsed. Alexa let out a small scream. Matt turned and walked away.

He returned to Harley.

"I honestly can't think of anything else to give you," Harley said, slightly taken off guard by how easily Matt was picking people off.

"Maybe it's time for me to work alone," Matt said evenly, watching Harley's expression. She nodded slightly. "If that's what you want."
"No. Maybe it's time for me to work alone."
Suddenly, Harley's eyes widened, but she hadn't realized quick enough. Matt pulled out the gun she'd given him, and shot her.

Her invisible soldiers appeared to him. A braver one walked up to him, careful to keep his head down. "What would you have us do, sir?"