V - Great Villain

"Why do I look like you?
Every time I look in the mirror, I see you.
Why did you leave me alone?
Every time I see you in the mirror, I see Mom saying 'I love you' while you were silent.
Why did you love her so?
Every time I remember your silence, I remember shooting you and feeling her heart break.
Why do I look like you?
Every time I look in the mirror, I see my mother's heart break the same way mine did."

-Mirrors from Matt's notebook
---

Matt dissapeared again.

An arrest warrent was put out. Zach gave the orders:
If seen, Matt was to be shot on sight.

The suspense built as they waited for him to show back up.

They didn't have to wait long.

Only days later, the door to the palace in the Second dimension opened, and there stood Matt.

Halee and Diamond had already been sent away. The only ones left in the palace were Finn ad Maddie.

Maddie's eyes were dull and sad as she looked at her son. She'd just found out she was pregnant again, days after her husband died. She wasn't able to tell Aaron. She could only tell his grave. Matt didn't know that, not that it would make a difference.

"Get out," Matt said, without emotion.

Finn glared at Matt, before unceremoniously going to Maddie and helping her up. Matt stepped aside to let them out, shoving his ink-stained hands in his pockets.

Matt was then the king of the Second dimension, and the Dark Prophet of the Fourth.

He went inside, and wandered around the empty, lifeless castle.

Only hours later, he left again. He walked to the Fourth dimension, towards a cave.

Harley's cave.

Harley, the villain who used bargains and deals to drain away the heroes' sanities.

Without hesitation, Matt strode into her cave.

It was a strange place. The walls, floors, and ceilings in the large room were made of stone, obviously. It was well lit by candlelight. The air was dry and slightly chilly, but not uncomfortable.

At the center of the cave, there was a pool of water. And on a rock in the middle of the pool, there was a throne-like chair formed from the stone. And there sat Harley.

She may have been blind, but she was powerful. She had resources, and an invisible army. Literally.

"Matt," she said, not overly startled by his presence.

"I won't work for you," Matt said, skipping the pleasantries and cutting straight to the point, "But I will work with you."

Harley smiled. "Of course. And I will reward you for doing so. Although I must ask if you plan to betray me."

"If I was going to betray you, why would I tell you? I'm a powerful ally. Isn't it worth the risk?" Matt chuckled dryly.

Harley nodded. "Fair enough. For every task you complete for me, I'll reward you."

Matt shrugged.

"As a test of loyalty, I first want you to kill your father, Aaron-"

Matt cut her off. "Done."

She hadn't expected that, and it took her a moment to regain her posture.

"Well. I suppose I'll reward you, then." She snapped her fingers, and a soldier appeared from thin air, holding out a gun and a knife. Matt took them, while Harley explained. "The gun is completely silent. No matter how many times you use it, it will never make a sound. The knife, well, it's an Immortal knife." Matt simply nodded, putting both weapons away.

"I suppose after Aaron... Would you rather kill Juan or Finn?"
"I don't care," Matt shrugged.
"Fine. Kill both of them. Kill Juan and Finn."

Matt walked into the Third dimension, dauntless. The guards were either too scared and turned a blind eye, or were dead before they could do any damage.

Matt strode into the palace, his eyes bright with the insanity consuming him.

He was shot at, but it missed. He turned and aimed quickly, shooting Finn unceremoniously. He turned to shoot Juan, but Juan shot his arm. Matt switched hands; of course he was a good shot with either hand.

He and Juan exchanged fire, none of it lethal- yet.

The doors to the palace flew open, and Varrick stepped in, taking in the situation. Juan shook his head. "No. Leave. I don't want your help," Juan said, almost bitterly. Varrick ignored him, pulling out a gun and aiming it at Matt.

For understanding, Juan and Varrick were brothers. Bickering came naturally to them. Juan stepped between Matt and Varrick, facing Varrick. "I said I don't need your help."

Matt acted instantly. His gun came up. It was loaded. He pulled the trigger.

He shot Juan in the back, and killed him.

Varrick was shocked, finding Matt's gun pointed at him.

Varrick took a slow step back. "Guns are the weapons of a coward."
"That's fine, because I'm afraid."
"Of what?"
"You're obviously stronger than me. But you're not stronger than my gun."

Varrick looked at Matt and nodded slowly, then turned to leave. Matt gave him a head start before heading back to Harley.