X - A Brief History Lesson

There is a legend- actually, it's not a legend. It's a true story, about a great villain. Perhaps it could be legendary, but this is the story of how it all truly happened, without any glamorous additions.

These are the facts. The facts about Matt and Sky.

To understand the story, you first have to understand the history.

Matt's great-great grandmother liberated the world from evil and became a fantastic hero.

Matt's great grandmother rose up and became the ruler of the world. She was good, and the world loved her.

Matt's grandmother discovered the Second dimension, liberated it from evil, and ruled there until she was killed.

Matt's father stepped up and took her place. His father had discovered and saved the Fourth dimension. He married Matt's mother, who was the Dark Prophet of the Fourth dimension. When Matt was born, she passed that title on to him.

On top of that, all the rest of Matt's family did (or are doing) something for the world.

Matt's father was born in the middle of the Third War. The Second dimension wasn't safe for him or his two siblings. His parents sent him, his older brother, and his twin sister to a safe place in the First dimension. When he turned eighteen and returned to the Second dimension, he was frustrated with his parents. They'd hardly come to visit him. They'd missed his whole childhood.

He eventually forgave his parents.

But then, when he married Maddie and had a child, he was then on his parents' side of the situation. The Second dimension simply wasn't safe.

Aaron and Maddie sent their one son to the safe place in the First dimension.

That is where Matt's story begins.

The safe place was called Mason. It was under the supervision of Taylor, Matt's great-great grandmother (who gained immortality during her adventures). The place is overrun with Matt's distant family, most of whom will live a normal life and die a normal death, without much adventure.

Most of them were human.

And then there was Matt- the prince of the Second dimension, who was an uneven mix of human and Nightmare (more human than Nightmare, but still), and also happened to be the Dark Prophet of the Fourth dimension, which meant he would occasionally have a seizure and come to with some horrible foretelling that would eventually come true.

He was a freak.

He was always tall for his age, and never gained weight. He was lean and pale, with shoulder-length black hair and dark brown eyes. What else would you expect of the Dark Prophet?

He had no siblings. He had no friends. And, as far as he was concerned, he had no family.

When he turned eighteen, he was ready to leave Mason. And where did he have to go, besides his parents' palace?

When he arrived, his mother hugged him. He let her, but he did not return the affection.

It wasn't long before he left the palace, headed for the Fourth dimension to fill his role as the Dark Prophet.

Once there, he immediately almost got himself shot. Luckily for Matt, the Light Prophet showed up and stopped the girl from shooting him.

Zach was his name, and overpowered was his game. He was not only the Light Prophet of the Fourth dimension, but also the ruler of the Immortal world, the Time Keeper (of all but the Fourth dimension, where the prophets keep time- but he's also a prophet), and the Grim Reaper. He was also a husband and a father, along with the only person working to save the world from Harley, a villain who riddled away heroes' sanities.

Zach introduced the girl that had almost shot Matt; her name was Sky.

Matt and Sky exchanged short, curt words, and departed.