05

'So what do you think? Do I look hot enough to kiss?' I asked Cherry as I crossed the foyer to meet her, making sure to keep my voice low. We definitely don't need my dad hearing that.

'You look hot enough to go all the way with.' She replied.

'Good answer.' I said and stopped for a minute to look at myself in the mirror.

I was wearing a short  silver skirt with a flimsy white chiffon blouse and a black leather jacket which I plan to remove as soon as I'm out of my father's sight. My hair fell to my shoulders in long loose waves. I had to put them in rollers all day to achieve this effortless look. To finish off my look, I had on black wedged boots.

'Did I get the smoky eye right? It took three tries to get it this nice.' I said. The first try, I almost poked my eyes out.

'Trust me honey. Henry and every other straight guy at that party's gonna be drooling all over you.' She said.

'I hope so.' I replied nervously. 'Come on. Let's get outta here before my dad changes his mind about letting us go to the party.'

'Yeah. Let's go.' She hooked her hands with mine and led us out the door to her car.

The entire ride to the party, I tried to not let my anxiety take over. I'm finally giving up my first kiss. By tomorrow, I will no longer be the girl with virgin lips. Yes! I will be experienced in the wonderful art of kissing.

'What's with the weird smug grin?' Cherry asked as soon as we got out of the car.

'I'm getting my first kiss tonight. Tomorrow I will be a grown woman.' I said smugly.

'How did I get stuck with a weirdo like you?' She frowned and I playfully punched her arm.

'Hey!'

'Well come on! Let's go find Cal. I mean Henry. Its not like you're gonna kiss yourself.' She grinned.

I decided to overlook her slip and grinned back at her. 'Well a girl can't do all the work by herself.'

'Right. Because a kiss is such heinous work.' She rolled her eyes.

I followed her to the kitchen where we found Cal, Henry and a bunch of other guys from the football team.

Cal's gaze darkened hungrily when he saw me but I must have been seeing things.

'Dance with me beautiful.' Henry whispered and my insides turned to liquid. Who doesn't like being called beautiful by a hot guy?

I let him lead me to the makeshift dance floor. All the while we were dancing, which was a really long while considering we danced four songs straight, Cal's eyes never left us. Henry was a perfect gentleman. He didn't stand too close that I'd be uncomfortable and he didn't let his hands wander.

Do you know how hard it is to find guys like this in the twenty first century?

When the fourth song finally ended, I excused myself and went to Cal.

'Would you stop staring like that?' I hissed.

'I don't like him.' He replied.

'Is he an axe wielding murderer?' I raised an eyebrow and placed my hands on my waist.

'No.' He gritted.

'He is your friend. And most importantly, he's a good guy. Don't begrudge me this.' I said and headed off to find Henry once more.

At end it wasn't even worth it. An hour into the party, I received a text from Cherry that she had a headache and had  gone back to my house since she was supposed to sleepover. Her mother is a nurse. She's working the night shift this week and she doesn't like Cherry being home alone at night so she usually sleeps over at my place.

Anyway, I couldn't find Henry anymore so I decided to ditch as well. I mean my best friend is sick. I'm supposed to be home taking care of her not at some dumb party. Cal offered to take me home and that's why I'm currently sitting in his car talking his ear off.

'I was so ready for my first kiss.' I grumbled then sighed dreamily. 'With Henry. He is so cute. And have you seen his lips? He looks like a great kisser. And his dimples. Very cute.'

I was so caught up in my ramblings I didn't noticed Cal's fingers tighten on the steering wheel.

'I don't see what's so special about him.' He gritted.

'Everything. He is such a gentleman. Did you see how well we danced together?'

'Every second of it.' If I wasn't so caught up in my recollections of the night, I would've noticed his menacing tone.

'It was magical.' I continued unaware of Cal's growing annoyance.

'If he had kissed me, it would've been the perfect ending to a night like this. Henry is the perfect candidate. I just know it. I couldn't have chosen... What are you doing?' I asked when Cal abruptly stopped the car.

'Shoulda done this along time ago.' He growled. He leaned forward and yanked me over the console.

Before my shocked mind could even register what was going on, his lips covered mine. The kiss was slow, languorous, possessing and explosive all at once.

His lips were warm and moist against mine. His tongue slid out to caress my lips and I gasped. White heat shot through my body. He used the opportunity to invade my mouth with his tongue. I moaned around his tongue and he pulled me even closer till I was pressed flush against his hard broad chest.

His lips moved over mine in a warm passionate caress and my legs turned to liquid. My inside was on fire. My hands of their own freewill found his shoulders and gripped them for dear life. His warm body heat enveloped me and his minty scent was all I could breath in.

His tongue repeatedly plunged into my mouth in slow sensual strokes that had my toes curling. His hand slipped into my hair and he massaged my scalp. My grip on his shoulder tightened and a moan slid past my lips.

I was swamped with all the sensations and was so sure it couldn't get better than that till he drew my tongue into his warm mouth. All the nerve endings across my body exploded with pleasure.

'Cal.' His name was a strangled moan on my lips. My fingers slid into the soft hair at his nape as he massaged my tongue with his and molded my body to his.

'Don't stop.' I croaked.

When he finally pulled away, I was dazed. He let his head rest against mine as we both worked to catch our breaths. Throughout the rest of the car ride, I remained in a dazed dreamy state.

'I love you.' He whispered after parking the car. I looked out the window to see my house.

When did we get here?

Cherry was standing on the porch not at all looking like a sick person. A smug grin slid onto her face when she saw my dazed disheveled look.

Cal placed a quick kiss on my head. I got out of the car, my mind was still not yet registering anything. 

'So how was the kiss?' Cherry asked. I could tell she and Caleb had planned all this from the conspiratorial look they shared but I couldn't bring myself to care. Not yet anyway. My brain hasn't recovered from the kiss yet.

I brought a shaky hand to touch my red swollen lips.

Two words went through my head.

'Magic.' My voice had a breathless quality to it. 'Caleb.'

***

***

THE END!