02

'What about Logan?' Cherry asked.

My eyes strayed to him as he entered the school cafeteria. Cherry and I had turned our lunchtime into choose-a,guy-for-my-bucket-list time.

'I heard he's a good kisser.' She added.

'He also has every kissably transmitted disease there is.' I stated  inwardly shuddered at the thought of kissing Logan Stewart who has kissed the majority of the female population of the school. Scratch that, of the town.

'No. I'd rather have virgin lips for the rest of my live.' I winced remembering one time last year when he'd been dared to kiss Miley. It looked like he was trying to shoved his tongue down her throat. For his sake, I hope his kissing skills have improved.

'Okay, Jason?'

'He's dating Tanya.' I replied.

'Really? Since when?' She asked taking a bite out of her chicken club sandwich.

'I think two days ago.' I bit into my apple. I hate red apples but I love the green ones.

'Figures. It's just for prom.' Cherry rolled her eyes and searched the cafeteria for any other eligible boys.

'Cyprus?' She asked and my gaze landed on the lanky curly haired cowboy-ish teen. He's one of the sweetest guys at our school.

'Nah.'

'Yeah I don't see you and those curls working well together either.' Cherry shrugged just as the footballers burst into the cafeteria.

I know that's what Cherry has been waiting for all along. If she was going to find me an eligible guy, he was most likely going to come from that bunch.

A wide grin spread on her face and I rolled my eyes. Since we are friends with most of the guys on the team, they said hi as they passed by.

Cherry enthusiastically replied while I shrugged and nodded accordingly.

'Justin?' She asked already dissecting the team. They took a table adjacent us, giving us an unhindered view of all their faces. I'm pretty sure they would've heard what we were saying if they weren't making such loud noise themselves.

'Eww. No. He's like a brother to me. Plus he's not bulletproof.' I giggled. Caleb caught my eye and smirked.

'What are you girls laughing about?' He asked. Cherry's eyes twinkled with dreamy delight as he turned his megawatt million dollar billboard smile on her.

Cal is hands down the hottest guy in school with his tall lanky but not skinny frame, deep blue eyes and honey blonde hair but he is also royally taken. He's dating Carla, a nice cheerleader with light blue eyes that look dull next to Caleb's enthralling cerulean ones and a tall, taller than me, perfectly proportioned body.

Cal and I became fast friends in junior year. We hit it off immediately we met. So much so that everyone thought we were dating and most girls hated me for that. It took Cal asking out Sandy in my presence to convince everyone we weren't. Some people still didn't believe it at first. Even Sandy. She was always so suspicious every time we hung out together that I had to eventually stop hanging out with the only boy my father hadn't yet threatened to shoot and actually liked. A little while after we stopped hanging out as much, everyone accepted that we are just friends.

I'll admit we might have actually dated if we weren't so comfortable in our friendship. But dating never actually crossed our minds until people brought it up. And then the thought refused to leave my mind. I obsessed over it day and night which eventually led to a three-month crush on my best friend but now I'm over it.