Arthur

Leo watched as Donnie was in and out of his lab all day

      Leo watched as Donnie was in and out of his lab all day. First, he'd be in the kitchen getting food, then he'd rush off to the lab again. Then, an hour later, he'd come back and watch T.V with Mikey. This process repeated many times a day. Who knows why. However, the thing that bothered him most was Mikey. There he sat on the living room floor, holding a bowl of fresh, ripe red strawberries.
      Leo, for a reason that he could just not place, felt extremely saddened by these berries, and was shocked to find tears in his eyes. Why do strawberries, of all things, make Leo cry? He shrugged it off, not thinking much of it, until a thought struck him.

      Frey.

      Leo let out a screech, and bolted out from the lair, ignoring the shouting of an angry Raphael. When is that turtle NOT angry?! Soon, Leo tossed himself through the open window of her apartment, panting, trying to satiate his screaming lungs with air.
      "Frey!" He shouted, walking into her room. He stopped short, watching as Frey sat silent on her mess of ripped blankets and scraps. She was singing softly, eating strawberries, and wishing for someone. Her song stopped suddenly,
      "Merlin," she turned towards Leo with tears in her eyes," do you remember when you said that we would live somewhere with mountains, and trees, and a lake? And all the strawberries we could eat?" Leo found himself openly sobbing, his hand covering his mouth, as everything started flooding back. Arthur, Gaius, Morgana. Freya, his lovely, Freya. The reason strawberries always made him cry.
      "Freya..." He sniffles out, holding his love as she ran over to him.
      "I remember all of it. I do, I really do," Leo cried, laughing at the same time. It was a pathetic noise really. Frey began crying as well, holding his face in her hands as she kissed his lips over and over again.
"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" He mumbled, pulling her as close as he could. Events were forgiven, and discussed long into the hours of the night. Morning came, and Leo, regrettably, had to leave.
"Frey, my love, I'll be back. I'll be back and I'll bring as many strawberries as your heart desires." He kisses her lips softly, standing, tearing himself away. Vaulting over the roofs, he crashes back into the lair.
"LEO!" Raph screeches, grabbing his arm as he jogs past. Out of breath, Leo smiles softly, and pats his shoulders.
"Hey, Raph! New mask? Looks great. Really rockin that color." He nods encouragingly, and tears away from Raph, ignoring his protests.
Sliding open the door to the dojo, Leo lets himself in, quietly shutting it behind him. Stupid with joy, he trips over nothing, and falls forward into Splinters room. Where a startled rat master nearly kicks him in the face. Embarrassed, Leo stands, picking up the door and popping it back into place,
"S-sorry, Sensei." He squeaks out, biting his lip. Of course, Splinter, being as patient as he is, simply smiled softly.
      "Leonardo, you seem happy?" He asked, mostly because it looked like Leo wanted to say something but needed a little coaxing.
      "I remember everything!" He laughed, smiling from ear to ear. Or, he would be if he had ears.  At this piece of information, Splinter's ears fell and tears welled in his eyes. Confused, and shocked, Leo prodded,
      "S-Sensei? What-" Leo could barely finish his sentence as Master Splinter wrapped him in a hug.
      "Merlin, my boy!" He cried, his shoulders shaking. Leo was dumbfounded. Nevertheless, he hugged his father back, pondering hard in his head," What did he say? Was it something he said? I mean, possibly not. He called him Merlin..."
      Then, it struck Leo like a lightning bolt.
      "G-Gaius...?" He ventured. Splinter nodded,
      "Yes! Yes, Merlin, my boy!" He pulled away, his brown eyes deep and wet with tears. Leo laughed, hugging the rat again.
      Suddenly, with a gasp, Splinter pulled away.
      "Have you found Arthur? He's in danger! Morgana is loose in the streets!" He exclaimed, holding Leo's shoulder between his paws.
      Leo shook his head, looking at the floor.
      "I have no clue..." He sighed, swallowing the lump in his throat.
      Master Splinter nodded,
      "I see." His expression was morose as he said this, rubbing his beard/goatee/thing. He raised an eyebrow, thinking as he slowly turned away.
      "Leo, my son, I suggest you find your counterpart quickly," he turned towards Leo again, his expression grim, " In the last battle, Arthur was fatally wounded. You were taking him to the Lady of the Lake, when you revealed your magic. Leo, he was angry. He thought you betrayed him. He may still be angry..." Splinter turned away, walking back into his room slowly. Leo nodded,
       "Yes, Sensei. I'll keep a lookout." He sighed softly, smiling.
       "Master Splinter...Gaius...Thank you for everything." Leo smiled, staying a second longer before run in out the door right into an angry Raphael.
      "Will you LISTEN?! You DOLT!" He gripped the front of his plastron in a vice-like grip, shaking him softly. Leo struggled away from him,
      "What?! What do you want?! You know, you don't have to be such a bully. Now, go to your room!" Leo scolded, his fists tightening. Raph's eyes widened in amusement.
       "You're telling me to go to my room? I'm not FOUR, Leo!" He yelled back, a look of incredulity on his face. Leo took a breath.
      "Just leave me alone. I'm trying to figure something out, Raphael..." He maneuvered around the terrapin, and stormed into his room, caught up in an overflow of things to deal with.
      It shouldn't be this hard.