And Her Name Was...

Leo quietly snuck into the building, making sure to avoid the boards that looked like they'd creak if stepped on. The sound came even closer, soothing his ears as he came to rest in the doorway. Squatting, he held onto the frame as he thought he might faint from such beauty.
She continued to sing, walking to the window. It didn't even seem like she walked at all, but glided ever so gracefully. She stooped to her knees, and stared out the window Leo had looked into. She was so close, He could touch her! He didn't. He glued his shivering hands to the door frame, but as if an invisible force provoked him so, his fingers peeled from the rotting wood, and reached towards the pale girl.
A shiver went through both of them as their skin met. Leo found himself staring into her eyes; big golden orbs that seemed to rip every being of his existence apart. He wanted to stare at them forever, and be totally enraptured with them. Her eyes, he thought, are gold. And gold never tarnishes. He bit his lips to keep from kissing her's. They were so perfect. He could just-

He watched as her lips opened into a scream, and her eyebrows inched together in...confusion? Apart from being loud, it could have been one of the most interesting noises on the planet. It didn't sound like a scream, rather than a surprised coo.
      Leo sucked in a gulp of air, and stumbled back at the noise. The girl, scrambled to her feet and held her hands to her chest as if Leo was a mighty beast about to spring forth and bite them from her arms. She squinted at him in confusion for a little bit, and seemed to mouth something unintelligible.
      Of course, he did no such thing.
      "W-wait! I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to startle you! I-I just heard you singing and-" Leo began to speak, his eyes widening in surprise when another shrill squeak erupted from the girls mouth.
      "You can see me?! You actually can?" She squealed, looking at Leo expectantly. His eyes darted around, confused.
      "Yes...?" He stated, the reply rolling off his tongue as a question. The girl helped him to his feet, rather energetically for someone who's so frail-looking.
      "Please, don't apologize for one second! I've been stuck here in this building for ages, and no one can hear me or see me, it seems. But, YOU can!" She explained, clearly excited. Leo was extremely confused, and a little relieved. He chuckled at himself for being all freaked out before. What a fool!
      "Oh. I-I'm relieved," He laughed softly, "I thought you were gonna call the cops on me!" He smiled at the girl, hoping he didn't just give her any ideas. Instead, she giggled.
      "No. I won't call the police," she looked at the floor, then looked back up quickly, "Oh! My name is Frey! Yours?" She smiled, tossing her hair onto her shoulders. Leo stared, once again enthralled by her beauty. He wanted to hold her, and hug her, and place kisses on her adorable lips.
      "Excuse me...?" She mumbled, running her slim fingers through her hair. She was increasingly becoming uncomfortable by Leo's staring. The blue-clad turtle shook his head, and smiled,
      "I'm Leonardo Hamato," he stuck his hand out, the digit waiting to accept her own. He smiled as her hand became enveloped in his own.
"It's nice to meet you," Leo smiles, thinking how much more than nice it was. That's creepy.
For a second, she stared down at her folded hands, and Leo was left shifting his weight on to either foot.
"Um, well, I'm going to go. You seem busy." Leo rubbed the back of his head nervously, and stepped back. Frey looked up, looking at him with...something Leo couldn't pick out, and then back down at her clasped hand.
"Of course, Leonardo." She hummed, his name like gems tinkling to the floor as she spoke it. He swooned.
"What's wrong? Did I offend you?" Leo panicked. Frey giggled,
"Of course not. It's just...Will you come back?" She asked, her golden gaze spearing him through the head once again. He fell silent. Then he nodded, shocked that she wanted to see someone like him again!
He nearly died right then and there when she smiled up at him.
"I'll await your return!" She waved softly, her jet-black hair swaying softly in the slight breeze that passed through the airy building.
       As Leo forced himself to leave the building and walk far away from it, he felt a pang...A pang of something he couldn't put his finger on. It throbbed through his chest like waves of--of nausea almost. He licked his dry lips.

   Something is coming, and it ain't pretty.