13. It's all fun and games until someone's organs are missing

"Cisco!" Brooke cheers as he walks through the door and he smiles, opening his arms for her to hug him

Everyone walks in within a span of ten minutes, talking and drinking, waiting for the food to be done.

There's one last knock on the door and Tori goes to open it, revealing the 20 year old newbie.

"Hey, I'm glad you made it!" Tori smiles and allows Amethyst in.

"Sorry I'm a little late, I went to go pick up some dinner gifts" she raises a few bottles of wine and a box of cookies.

"First off, thank you, second of all, you are twenty" Tori gives her a look while taking the alcohol from her hands making them both laugh.

"I'll keep it a secret, though" Tori winks at her before walking towards the kitchen, Amethyst following.

"You know everybody. Iris, Joe, Cait, Cisco, Barry" she names everyone,"but here are some new people to meet" Tori turns around to face Amethyst before leading her to Brooke.

"This is my sister Brooke. Brooke, meet our new team member, Amethyst"

"Nice to meet you" amethyst shakes Brooke's hand.

"Welcome to the team" Brooke smiles at her.

The night was spent eating, laughing, and being around each other without worries.

It was towards the end of the night when Tori gathered everyone to the living room with a glass in their hands.

"I know this is sappy and gross but I just wanted to thank all of you for being here. Not just in this house but in my life. I died" she says making face at the last part, making everyone chuckle,"and I came back and you guys have supported me every step of the way. Letting me guide us even though I have been gone"

Tori grabs Barry's shoulder where he sat down next to her.

"I love you guys so much. Cheers to us" she lifts her glass.

"Cheers to Tori" Joe corrects her and everyone agrees, repeating Joe.

Tori smiles, looking down at the ground before drinking her glass of wine.

***

A few days passed, no meta activity and little progress with Barry.

There were few crimes that Tori had to have Amethyst shadow but nothing big or important.

She still didn't have a suit either. Come on, Cisco.

It was midday on a Tuesday and Tori was sat in Barry's lab in the precinct.

Oh, yeah. She got the job.

"Hey, Tori. Singh wants you down at the pier. A guy was murdered there last night" Joe walks in, grabbing her attention.