Chapter 36 | They're Coming After Me

Start from the beginning

"I'm practically dead from the inside, Keith." I tapped my nails on the cup. "Shit just keeps piling up."

"Well, what sort of shit made you walk here?" he asked.

I looked into his but I couldn't hold the stare so I looked down at my cup and traced the rim with my finger.

"My mom wasn't letting me go out in this weather so I climbed out of my window and walked here. She locked the garage door." I said.

"If you get caught, which you will, what are you going to tell her?" he asked me.

"I'll come up with something then. Right now, I have to tell you some really bad news." I said. His face grew emotionless as he waited for me to speak.

I cleared my throat and built up the courage to speak.

"You have to promise me that you won't tell a single soul. Not Bellamy, no one." I said seriously.

"Princess, you can trust me." He shrugged.

"No, you have to promise." I said.

He sighed in defeat. "I promise." He mumbled.

"Remember Leon Wright, he was the only one with brow hair in a family of redheads. Better known for being Trace's best friend." I paused when I saw the angry look on Keith's face. His brows were furrowed and his eyes only showed anger.

"What about Leon?" he said through gritted teeth.

I sucked in a breath before answering him. "Yesterday, me and Bel went to a small shop at the corner of the town an-and he was there." I said.

I set the cup on the floor and held my head in my hands. Keith grabbed my wrists and made me face him. "Tell me everything that happened."

I shifted so I was facing him instead of the fire. "He was there before us but a while after we entered I heard him whistle. T-the same tune he had for me and if that wasn't enough he offered me malteasers and said it was his favorite...they're my favorite and everyone knows that. And they weren't even in the store. Bellamy didn't notice anything off and I don't know if he was charge for them or not but...he waited by his car. And I tried to keep up with Bellamy but that Leon asshole still managed to touch me." I hugged my legs closer to my chest.

"What the fuck did that asshole do, Jane? Why didn't you tell me before? Why are you telling him instead of me?" Bellamy stormed from the hallway right towards him.

He stopped in front of me and I broke out into tears at the sight of him. He was furious and his tone of voice only scared me more.

"Fuck off, dude. Can't you see she's already in a bad place." I felt Keith push him away before wrapping an arm around me.

"I'm sorry," I choked out when Bellamy got on his knees in front of me.

"You don't have to apologize about anything. It's your stupid boyfriend's fault." Keith said but that made nothing better.

"I couldn't tell you because I was scared. I know what he's capable of and I can't risk you getting hurt." I said. As I moved out of Keith hold.

"I can't add to your burdens." I said to Bellamy. He leaned towards me kissed my forehead. "And who knows what he had on him. You know what they did to me and Keith." I said.

"You're not a burden and you don't need to be afraid of them." He said. I hugged him tightly.

"I have every reason to be Bellamy." I said.

"Then tell me everything." He said. I shook my head and pulled away. "I'm not ready for that." I told him. I couldn't lose him, not this soon.

"I love you, you know that right?" he said. I wish I could agree but they just felt like words.