Red Light Serenades

Sedona's POV

     'I know it breaks your heart moved to the city in a broke down car and, four years no call and now ya lookin' pretty in a hotel bar and Iiiiiiii can't stop, no Iiiiiiiii can't stop'

     'So baby pull me closer in the back seat of your Rover that I know you can't afford, bite that tattoo on your shoulder pull the sheets right off the corner of the mattress that you stole from your roommate back in Boulder, we ain't never getting older'

     'God I love this song' I thought turning it up as far as it would go. I'm sitting in car on my way to pick my sick best friend up some food-I know she's not really sick she's just trying to guilt trip me into getting her something to eat- when my favorite song ever came on. I love this song with a burning passion. I usually sing it with Siena but she's not here, so I do the next best thing, which at the time seemed like a good idea but now not so much. I look over to the guy next to me in traffic and start to sing to him. Imaginary microphone and everything.

When I hold my microphone out to him he's just looking at me like 'are you taking a piss right now?'  And I look right back at him like 'No sir I am not, now sing the song.' He raises a eyebrow like he can hear what I'm thinking. And miraculously he's starts to sing. Now mind you, this dude don't look like the singing type, but he sang that song like it was... shoot I don't even know what. But he was singing it. So we're just sitting there in traffic singing Chainsmokers like this is the norm. When the song goes off the light is still red.

'What the actual heck' I think. 'I just sat here singing a whole song and this light ain't changed for a millisecond.' I look back over at the guy and he's just staring at me.
'Maybe that was a bad idea.' The lights turns green and he mock salutes and I lift my hand to wave but he already had his eyes back in the road. After about seven minutes I pull up to Publix to get Siena some broccoli and cheese soup.

---

     When I get to Siena's house she's all sacked up on her couch with a bunch of blankets in her living room. When she hears me come in, she looks over at me I have to rethink the idea I had about whether or not this chick is really sick. She's caucasian, so you can tell that she really is sick. Her eyes and her nose are all red. Her skin is like old moldy oatmeal, kinda greenish gray. In short, she looks awful.

"Oh. Thank you so much Donny." She says sitting up reaching for her food.

"Ew, no wait. Cover up your face and I'll put it in your lap. And you better not move or I'll flush this mess down the toilet I swear."

"Girl hurry the hell up and give me my food. You always being so dramatic." Siena yells through her blankets.

"You big mad or little mad?" I asked.

"I'm not mad at all." She says while stirring her soup. "So your birthday is tomorrow, I was thinking about taking you to the new club that just opened on 7th and Newway. Kyle is the bouncer tomorrow night so we won't have to show ID's."

"And you know exactly what I'm going to tell you, I'm not going to some club just to get second hand cancer and have some drunk dudes groping and grinding all over me. No thank you." I ranted off to her. I don't even know why she tries. I tell her the same thing every time.

"Are you serious? Sedona your finally about to be twenty one, and you've never even held a beer before. Lighten up, live for just this one night and I swear I I'll never try to get you to a club ever again. Please."

I sigh.

"Alright. I'll go. But I'm not buying not one drink. You want me to go, you're buying every single drink that goes down my drink pipe."

"Your drink pipe?" she questioned.

"Yes, heffa my drink pipe."

"Okay. Whatever. Just promise me you won't change you mind."

"Whatever."

She was about to say something else when her phone rang. This gave me the perfect opportunity to go and use the bathroom. Before I made it to the bathroom I heard Siena talking to whoever was on the phone.

"Who? Really? Where?" I didn't hear the rest because I had closed the bathroom door by then. When I came out of the bathroom I heard Siena gasp, "Uh... Nothing. I'll look into it for you. Talk to you later. "

"Who were you talking to?" I asked.

"Uhh... My brother. Now, we need to go shopping to look for dresses for tomorrow night." She said getting up from the couch.

"Hold up. I thought you were sick."

"I was, but now I'm not. Anymore questions? No? Good. Now I'm going to take a quick shower and then we can go." She says and turns on her heel to go to her bedroom. Sometimes I wonder why in the world do I put up with this girl. She gets
on my nerves so bad I'm amazed I'm not numb from her stomping all over them.

Please vote and comment. ❤️