Untitled Part 21

Mac Devon walked out of the bar alone. He was drunk, but he didn't care how bad he looked at the moment. He'd been removed from the BSAA, by Chris Redfield himself. The Captain had been furious but he'd kept his temper under control. He'd been stripped of his rank and summarily discharged. He'd argued that Jake Muller was dangerous at his court martial until his Captain had stepped in and said that a discharge would be necessary as Devon was discussing classified material.

Devon shrugged. That bastard had it coming to him, he decided. It had taken a few months for Sherry to warm up to him. He might have even had a chance to take her to a movie till that prick had shown up. Now he railed against Muller to anyone who would listen.

He staggered down the sidewalk, knowing he shouldn't be driving but still attempting to shove the keys into the car door to unlock it anyway.

A long black car pulled up behind him. "May I offer you a ride?" The man in the back seat said. "I'm afraid you don't look like you are in any condition to drive."

"What's it to you?" Devon slurred.

"Ah, Devon," the man said. "Drowning your sorrows I see. What if I told you, I could give you the power to get Miss Birkin and get rid of Mr. Muller?"

"Who are you?" Devon was sobering up quickly.

"A friend..."

"I'm listening," said Devon, feeling his buzz starting to lift and regretting not having another drink in hand.

"Why don't you get in and take a drive with me?" The man opened the door.

Devon hesitated, but his hatred for Jake Muller outweighed any guilt he was feeling or even who he might be talking to. He climbed into the car.

"Like I said," the blonde man said, "we have much to discuss." Saying that, he jabbed Devon in the thigh with a large syringe knocking Devon unconscious. "And I do appreciate irony," the younger Wesker whispered as the car rolled away.