Chapter Twenty-Four

This is the last chapter :( but there will be an epilogue, and most likely a bonus chapter.

Chapter Twenty-Four

I walked into our new house, the smell of freshly polished wood invading my nostrils.

I scrunched up my nose in disgust and tugged my suitcases up the stairs to my new room.

I pushed open the door to see a white room about the same size as my old room.

I peeked out the window and saw all the city buildings and people pushing through the city streets.

I let out a long sigh.

I miss home.

Tyler's POV-

It's only been a couple days since Devan left, and I'm already going crazy.

I miss her laugh, her smile, the way she knows just how to make me feel better. I just miss her, and I need her here with me.

I want to hold her again, I wish I could see her just one more time.

But I need to keep waiting for the impossible and get on with my life.

Devan's POV-

The first day at a new school is terrifying.

Mom dropped me off, and gave me a small kiss on my forehead.

"Have fun honey!" She chirped, before rolling up her window and driving off, leaving me alone with tons of new people.

I walked through the crowded hallways, surrounded with people, but I had honestly never felt so alone.

"Watch where you're going idiot!" A female voice screeched, shoving me out of the way.

I hit a row of lockers and slid down to the floor, clutching my stomach in pain.

I inhaled sharply before going to push myself off the ground, when I was kicked in my side, sending me crashing into the ground again.

I looked up to see a male, sneering down at me.

His hair was jet-black, and gelled upwards. His eyes were a dark blue; they seemed to pierce through me like knives.

"Don't get up just yet fatty, you don't deserve to. Why are you here anyway, I'd notice a beyond ugly face like yours before now." He said, and I sighed.

"I transferred." I replied, and he nodded, stomping on me, sending me clawing at the ground and wincing in pain.

"P-please stop." I stammered.

"Only this time because you're new, don't be expecting a free pass every time." He said in a stern tone, and I nodded, blinking back my tears.

I miss you Tyler, I need you.

I pushed myself off of the ground once he had gone, and made my way to my first class room.

I entered about thirty seconds after the bell rang.

The teacher was standing there with an irritated expression.

"Would you mind explaining why you were late to class?" She asked, well, more like demanded.

I glanced around at the snickering students, when my eyes landed on one particular person, the guy who was just tormenting me.

He shook his head, sending imaginary daggers at me.

"I couldn't find my class room." I lied, and she sighed.

"Fine, take a seat next to Gregory over there." She pointed to an empty seat next to the guy who was bullying me.

Gregory huh?

I walked over and hesitantly took a seat.

I looked over at me with a scowl, before leaning his head on the back of the chair and closed his eyes.

I let out a mental sigh and turned to the teacher who was going on about some math lesson that made no sense to me whatsoever.

***

I walked into the cafeteria only to find no empty tables, and no-one offered for me to sit with them.

I eventually gave up and went to the girls' bathroom, and sat in one of the stalls.

I gulped down my lunch before throwing everything in the trash and going to my next class room a few minutes early.

Thankfully Gregory never came into that class room.

Mental note: I'm safe during history.

I went home and dropped my backpack on the floor before face-planting on my bed.

Tyler hadn't texted, and it kind of hurt, although I knew he just didn't want to risk missing me more than he already did.

I only know because I felt the same way.

"Dinner's ready!" Mom called, but I wasn't hungry.

"I think I'll pass! I had a big lunch!" I called, she didn't bother answering.

I turned on 'Daylight', by 5 seconds of summer and started dancing, singing along horribly, doing whatever I could to avoid thinking about Tyler, Taylor, Macie, and everyone and everything back at home.

I finished putting away my clothes and other things before crawling in bed and turning out the light.

***

My eyelids fluttered open and I glanced around the room, brought back to the sickening reality that I wasn't home with people who love me, I was here, where people call me fatty, and idiot.

I crawled out of bed and put on my outfit for the day, which consisted of a pale blue halter top and a pair of white ripped jeans.

I filled a bowl with cereal and milk.

I finished my breakfast, grabbed my backpack, and drove to school.

"Hey fatty, how are you this morning?" A familiar voice asked behind me.

I let out a shaky breath before slowly turning around to face Gregory.

"Hey Greg," I started, but before I could finish, he punched me in the stomach, sending me collapsing to the ground and wincing in pain.

"Why did you do that?" I wheezed, and he chuckled menacingly.

"Because I could."

He disappeared into the crowded hallway.

***

I know this was a short chapter. This was the last chapter. There will be an epilogue, but I'm not sure when it'll be out. I promise you will like it, so don't stop reading just yet.

Byeee!