Chapter Sixty: I'll See You.

dedicated to qveen_Em 💕💕thank you for the lovely cover at the top.

yes, this is the last chapter :( and thank you for 3 million reads. This is 7000+ words. epilogue will be up soon.

Chapter Sixty: "I'll See You."

"WHERE ARE WE going?" I asked, laughing but no one answered me. They were all walking ahead of me in a very familiar direction while I was piggy backing on Zen's back. "Is no one going to answer me?"

"Sydney?" Devin questioned, his arm hooked with Jane's. 

"Yeah?" I asked.

"We're going to school." Devin answered.

"Excuse me? It's my last day here and you people want to take me to school?" I asked, getting off of Zen.

Zen nodded, "We're meeting everyone at school. Don't argue."

"But-But why school? Did we not just graduate hoping never to see this place again?" I said, just as we started walking up the steps of the said place. "And is it even open?"

Jane snorted. "This is barely a school. This is a dance studio and an art studio and a music-you know what? This is a community center. The question is, when does it close?"

Zen and I exchanged a glance as she and Devin walked into the building. "She's right, Syd."

"But the question is why would you guys even want to come back?" I expressed my thought out loud.

Zen took me in a different direction thn where Jane and Devin were going. He steered me in the direction where my locker was. When we got right in front of it, Zen opened it. "Think about it. There would be mornings in first semester or second where we would all find our way here."

"Yeah. I noticed we did that." I remarked. 

"And sometimes when we had spare, the both of us, we would sit down right here." Zen eve pointed down at the ground for emphasis.

"Yeah, and then there would be times where you would throw my pencil over there." I pointed to the other side of the empty hallway, shooting him daggers with my eyes. "For no good reason."

He scoffed. "I have my reasons for throwing your pencils."

"Anyway," I gave him a huge eye roll. "What is the point in standing here?"

"The point of standing here, of being in this school right now is because this is where you met me. Where you met all of us and we changed your entire-"

I patted him on the chest. "Okay, let's not stretch it."

"Okay, maybe I didn't change your life completely by myself but I probably changed a little bit of it. You changed a little bit of mine."

"I know. I introduced you to a new gaming buddy."

Zen shook his head. "You didn't introduce me to Lucas. I knew him and went to the same school as him. This school."

"It doesn't matter. You didn't even speak to him until I started dating him. You're welcome," Zen closed the locker, leaning against it when I continued. "But yeah, a lot of you changed my life when I came here. You didn't treat me like shit. You didn't scare me or do anything that mean people do to the new students in high school like-"

"In the movies?"

"In the movies, in reality, in books. Just-Thanks for being my friend."

"No problem," Zen pushed off the locker, slinging an arm around me as we continued walking. "And thanks for being my friend. My, uh foster dad, he says good luck. He wishes he could've met you."