I made my way to the cafe as usual, thoughts of Jackson kept drifting in and out even though I tried my best not to think about him. I knew it'd be painful to go to Ailee's because it was where we hung out daily but I couldn't just stop going to my favourite place because of him, I thought grimly as I kicked a stone on the pavement while walking.

A few minutes later, I was in front of the cafe, and was about to enter when something through the huge glass window caught my eye which immediately made my stomach drop.

There, at our favourite place sat Jackson and that woman, Jiyeon, both engrossed in their conversation and sipping on their coffee mugs.

The start of the week and it's already ruined. I wanted to walk away but my feet were firmly rooted to the spot, my heart taking over my head as my fist clenched tightly and anger took over.

How could he??!! First he left me without any explanation to be with someone else and now this?!! Out of all the places, he took her here knowing it was where I spent my time everyday. Was he trying to rub it in my face?! My eyes were burning and a lump was forming at the back of my throat as I held in my tears. I wanted to scream out of frustration.
I turned to my left to head back home, when I felt a hand on my arm, tugging me back.

The pull made me stumble into the person's hard chest,need I say, not so gracefully, and their arms held my waist firmly to steady me. I looked up, peering into a pair of dark eyes, looking into mine and filled with concern.

'Jinyoung. You startled me again,' I said softly as I gently pried myself away from his hold and turned my back towards him,wiping the few teardrops which had managed to escape.

'Are you alright?' He asked, his voice low and worried, as he placed his hand on my shoulder. I turned to face him again, putting on my best smile hoping it didn't turn out like a grimace instead.

'Yes, I'm okay. What are you doing here? Didn't expect to meet you again so soon.' I was hoping he would get the hint and drop the subject. I just met him and I didn't want to talk about it.

His brow furrowed in mild curiousity as his gaze swept over my face.
'Yeah me too. I just reached a while ago, heard that they make the best coffee so I wanted to try it out myself. I noticed you standing at the entrance and called out to you but you seemed a bit...distracted.'

I felt myself redden out of embaressment, and cursed fate for always making us meet at such awkward situations.

'Would you like to come have coffee with me?'

I looked up at him, surprised by his abrupt question and wondered how should I tell him politely that I didn't wanna be in the same space as Jackson right now but he cut me off my thoughts quickly.

'I just want to lighten up your mood,that's all. And I'm hoping a plate of cake and good hot chocolate would help you smile even if I don't know what is bothering you.' I looked at his hopeful expression and let out a groan. I guess I couldn't really shut down his attempt at cheering me up. He didn't even know me but he was still trying to be nice.

'Okay. That sounds good.' I replied, offering a small smile despite the inner turmoil I was going through.

'Come on then.' He opened the door and held it out for me to enter first. As I stepped foot into the cafe, the bell rang and Jackson's head automatically turned around and his eyes found mine. I was momentarily frozen, but a soft nudge on my lower back brought me back to my senses. Jinyoung leaned in on one side of my face, and I could feel his breath on my cheeks, 'Let's go find a seat. I'm starving.'

I looked back at Jackson and I didn't know if I was just over analysing it but he looked angry for a moment but just in a second his emotions were masked again, replaced by the same blank expression he wore at the party.