Already Gone (29)

Start from the beginning

"What took you so long?" He started walking down the stairs with me.

"I was in the bathroom," I lied. I didn't know how to tell him what I had just experienced. To be honest of what I would find out if I talked to Eric and he told me about the so called 'past'.

We entered the kitchen and I went to the fridge, trying to distract myself. The wind was blowing hard outside and it was raining heavily. I loved this kind of weather. I could sit all day at the balcony and watch the rain fall. I wondered about Derek. I thought of all the time we shared. I would never be able to forgive myself for killing him but I wasn't going to live much longer either.

What was it like after death?

I had already died once but I couldn't remember what had happened. I spent the whole evening talking to Eric. I told him how I felt, what I had wanted to do in life and everything I had ever dreamed of. We talked about everything and nothing. It was bittersweet.

 I excused myself after dinner and went to the balcony.

I watched the rain drops falling from the sky. It had almost stopped raining now. I breathed in the smell of the earth after the rain, feeling more alive than ever. The sky had a strange glow to it.  I took out my phone and scrolled through the contact list. I called Luke, feeling nervous. I wanted to say goodbye. I couldn't tell him everything, I knew that but I still wanted some kind of closure. I wanted to feel like I had touched some lives in this short yet eventful life of mine. Luke answered after a few rings. He was surprised to hear my voice.

"Luke..I'm sorry for what happened that night," I said. Luke laughed his bubbly laugh which made me smile.

"No, its okay. I know you'll be happy with him. We were never made for each other." I knew why he was saying it; to  try to make me not feel guilty. I thought too much about things and he knew that.

"Maybe if only things had been a bit different," I breathed in a light tone.

"In another life, I guess," Luke joked. I knew he was being sarcastic.

"Where's Amy?" I asked suddenly. I wanted to talk to her too.

"She's not home. I'll tell her to call you." 

But I'm not going to be here when she calls. Especially if it's not soon.

"Thanks. I miss you," I whispered. I really meant the words.

"Me too. I have to go," Luke said. He clearly wanted nothing to do with me.

"Okay. Take care of yourself, Luke," I said feelings tears brim in my eyes. How did I end up here?

"You too. Goodbye, Lyn." I smiled when he said my high school nickname. It made me remember all those good times.

"Goodbye, Luke," I said just before he ended the call. I sobbed silently putting a hand to my mouth. I wished I could  have live a normal life. I wiped my tears and composed myself. I couldn't let Eric see me like this. He would back out. He wouldn't do it if he saw me like this. I walked back towards Eric's room. He was in bed, reading a book. It had a dark cover and frankly I couldn't be bothered to ask him what it was.

"You okay?" he asked curiously scanning my face like he could read my mind. I sat down on the bed and he slipped his arm around my waist.

"Yeah. I'm fine," I said faking a smile. He might have noticed but I didn't care.

"Can I see Shane?" I asked, turning to look at him. His grey eyes seemed to be looking right into my soul like he knew.

"Yeah. He'll be here tomorrow but if he's not, give him a call." I nodded and turned to look towards the window. For some reason I couldn't stand him looking at me like that.

"I love the weather," I breathed. 

"How can I disagree?" Eric said sarcastically. I laughed and then he started tickling me. We rolled around on the bed as I laughed and shouted at him to stop. He stopped after a few minutes. I was out of breath.

"Idiot," I mumbled pushing him off of me. He laughed and laid down on the bed next to me.

"I love you," I said, putting an arm across his chest, still a little out of breath and looked into his eyes. He was so precious to me. I was upset about giving up a lot of things but the thing I was most scared to lose was him. I couldn't bear the thought of being parted from him; to never be able to see him again. It devastated me so much that I wanted to tell him I didn't want to do it. But I had killed Derek. I had to.

"I love you too." He kissed me. We were both silent for a while. I wondered what Eric was thinking but I didn't dare ask. I was lost in my own thoughts. My mind kept going back to Derek and what he had mentioned about the past. 

"Eric?" I sat up. I knew I had to know. If I was going to die, Derek was right. I deserved to know. 

"Yeah?" He looked at me questioningly when he saw me sit up. His eyes searched my face.

"Tell me about the past."

A/N: it's been ages but I'm back and I'm going to finish this story very soon. Please comment and vote if you want me to update that is if anyone's still reading this lol.

Also this is unedited.

Hope everyone is doing fine! Happy reading and hope you all have a lovely day! :)