Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Me too and I'm glad that we're still friends and fair advice, try not to kiss your ex-fiancés in the near future."

"You're acting like I have many ex-fiances," she frowned.

"Well... you are difficult."

"Hey!" she swatted a hand on his arm.

He chuckled and held his hand up in defense. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Anyways, what time is your thing at again?"

"At three."

"Okay, cool, I'm gonna jump into the shower."

"Alright. Thanks for still being in my life."

Remi smiled. "Of course."

"Is there someone though?"

"Eh..." Remi pondered. "I don't even know," he chuckled, running his hand through his hair.

Mari stretched her reach by going on her tip toes and linking the delicate streamers to the wall with tape

Mari stretched her reach by going on her tip toes and linking the delicate streamers to the wall with tape. She settled back with her feet fully planted onto the top of the ladder and exhaled loudly, squeezing her eyes and calming herself down.

"Hun, I told you that you didn't have to do decorations. You're not even getting paid," Petra Romeldo, her mother's assistant, chuckled.

"Yeah, well, my mom will know that I did it and she'll reward me with other things," she perked her chin up in confidence. She could hear Blake's chuckle from down below. Petra rolled her eyes and marched towards the event team who were apparently not following the correct floor plan.

"Manuel, what did I tell you?" she yelled and started to flail her hands in the air delegating tasks. Mari gulped and tore another strip of tape and that was held between her legs and set it down right by her foot. She stuck it onto the end of the new streamer and started to lean forward to the wall onto her tip toes again.

"How are you afraid of heights but okay with traveling?"

"Jesus Christ Blake! Don't distract me!"

"I'm going to get married, have kids, watch my kids graduate from high school before you finish lining this wall with streamers."

"Ha-ha," she rolled her eyes, placing her hands on her hips and looking down. She immediately regretted that when she realized how small and far Blake looked from her. She was several feet above him and in great danger and ready to plummet to her death.

"Just let me do it."

"No! I want to make my mom feel bad that she's sending me to my dad's this weekend after all that her sweet daughter is doing to help her with her events."

"Ah... so this is the guilt trip mechanism."

"Maybe," she squeaked, avoiding eye contact.

"It's only a weekend! We just started break - just visit your dad and get it over with."