20. Leverage

Depuis le début

When Stiles and I progressed further into the loft, we found Scott and Derek having a conversation and Derek's eyes would occasionally glance over to me in a concerned manner. Derek Hale, an alpha of his own pack. Was he aware that his mother was pregnant with a child a little after Cora was born? Did he even think that he had family members outside of the werewolf bloodline? My eyes were focused on my brother, my actual brother. It's kind of scary realizing that I had a whole family tree I didn't know about, imagine how much better my life was going to be if I wasn't so disconnected.

"Carson? I asked if you're okay?" Derek's voice snapped me back into reality, dragging me out of my thoughts. His green eyes were focused on me with concern and curiosity swimming in them.

Why is this girl just staring at me without uttering a word? He must be thinking that. I cleared my throat as I nodded furiously. "I'm a bit nauseous but I'll live." I answered whiles the lightning was flashing, lighting up the whole room.

Suddenly, Scott ran towards me as his fingers latched around my wrist. He clamped his hand over my mouth as he pulled me behind a brick wall. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked over to Scott who pulled one single finger over his lips, signaling for me to be quiet. And that's when I heard her voice. The person who is to blame for all of this shit that I'm in.

"Derek? Derek where are you?" She asked, placing on an innocent tone. My whole body stiffened as I felt the anger inside of my rise at a crazily fast pace.

"Right here." Derek answered as I heard his footsteps follow his words. I pursed my lips as I crouched down, peeking my head around the wall.

"Oh thank God." Miss Blake breathed out as I watched her run up to Derek, engulfing him in a hug. "Something happened at the recital, at the school. Okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them." She panted, tearing away from the hug as she looked directly into Derek's eyes.

Derek's face was straight and not one emotion was apparent on it. "From who?" He asked, quirking up an eyebrow. I must say, my mother makes pretty good looking children... but that's besides the point.

"Carson, Scott and Stiles. They're gonna tell you things. Things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me." She spoke, trying to cover her ass that had already been exposed. Miss Blake sounded flustered and it seemed like she was out of breath. I wish that I could have just walked out there at this very moment and crush her cranium with my mind, probably giving her an aneurysm as well. Woah, that was violent. "Promise you'll listen to me." Miss Blake added on.

"Promise." Derek spoke with furrowed eyebrows, wishing that she would just get to the point.

Thunder simultaneously rumbled as Miss Blake pulled Derek into a kiss, causing me to furrowed my eyebrows angrily as I stood up. She is so pathetic, trying to make herself seem like she is the innocent one. I watched as she pulled away from the kiss, "They're already here, aren't they?" She questioned.

I took that as my cue, being the first out of the three of us to walk out, answering her question without a word. Scott had the small bottle inside of his hand as I glared over at Miss Blake. A million and one thoughts were driving through my mind on how to react to Miss Blake trying to make herself seem like the innocent one here.

"So... they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?" She questioned. Her voice had a frantic shake to it and I was literally going to scream at how frustrating this whole situation is.

"We told him that you were the one killing people." Scott immediately fired back as he also glared over at our mental and homicidal language teacher.