Chapter 2

My eyes flutter as I open them, but immediately widen in shock as I take in my surroundings. I'm in a bed, in some random room. Soaked. I bite my lip and try not to cry, thinking about all the possibilities of the situation.

I turn my body and place my feet on the ground. I stand up and slowly walk around the room, looking at everything. I might as well try to figure out who's house this is.

I jump when I hear the door creak open, and back up slightly. The blonde boy enters, with a brunette one following behind. They start to walk towards me, and with every step I back up until my back hits the wall. Soon they're within an arms length distance from me. The blonde boy raises his hand and I flinch as I cover my face and head with my hands out of habit. I peer through my fingers and look at the boy and see hurt flash in his eyes, but it's soon replaced by confusion.

He opens his mouth to say something, but it returns to a straight line when nothing comes out.

The brunette boy gives the blonde boy a sympathetic look, and turns his attention back towards me.

"I'm Louis, and this is Niall". He refers to the blonde boy.

"What's your name?" He asks.

I shake my head, unable to speak. I can't speak. I can't. I'm still in shock, and I can't give out any possible information that could get me back to... Him.

Their faces twist in confusion. "Do you have a name?" They ask, and I nod.

"Can you talk?"

I shake my head again. I wish I could, my mind screams, but I can't. If only they knew. How could I tell them? I gasp as an idea comes to my mind. Writing.

I pretend to read a book, suggesting that I need paper.

"You like to read..?"

Louis asks.

I shake my head.

I poke the air like I'm poking things with a pencil.

"You like buttons..?" Niall asks.

I shake my head and face palm. I am horrible at this.

I sigh and attempt to look like I'm drawing on paper with a pencil.

"You need paper?" Louis asks.

"And a pencil!" Niall adds.

I nod in excitement as they go get my materials. I wait silently, it's not like I could make much noise.

I write down, what do you want to know?

"What's your name?" They ask.

Ryan.

"Do you have parents?" Louis asks.

Yes, I do. I have a mother and a father.

"Do you have any siblings?"

I have a step-brother. He's older than me.

"Can you talk?"

No. Maybe later.

That's all I put. I don't explain anything to them. If.. He found out he would kill me.

"Why?"

I sigh.

Something happened and I don't trust you.

"What happened?"

Something.

They sigh in annoyance. "What's something?"

My family.

"What happened? Who in your family?"

My hand shakes as I debate whether to respond.

My step-brother.

"Do you have a place to live?"

I look down at my lap. I do, but it's not a real home.

I respond with a simple, yes.

"We have to take you home." Niall says.

My eyes widen and I shake my head vigorously. I can't go back there. I rather die than return home.

"You have to. We'll take you, but you have to show us which one is your house." Louis says.

I gulp, nod, and prepare myself to go back the the hell I call home.

Niall's P.O.V

We start to drive and Ryan says a few words to guide us to her house. As we get closer, the houses seem to decrease in size and quality. We drive a little while further and Ryan points at a small house. It's windows are broken and the doors look like they're falling off of the old wood that the house is made of.

I look at Ryan and she is holding onto the seat so tightly that her knuckles have turned white. Her jaw is firm and she has pure fear covering all of her features.

"Louis.. I don't know if we should do this." I say.

"We have to. It's her home." He replies.

We walk up the steps with Ryan and she hides behind me as Louis knocks on the old door.

A man who looks about twenty-two answers the door.

"Who are you?" He slurs. He's drunk.

"I'm Niall and this is Louis. We have your daughter, Ryan."

"That piece of shit? She's not my daughter" He laughs, "she's my step-sister."

He looks her in the eye and yanks her arm.

"You didn't make my bed yesterday you slut" he yells and slaps her across the face.

"Stop!" I yell and tackle him to the ground. "Get Ryan and bring her back to the car!"

I punch him in the face multiple times and kick him in the stomach. He just hurt his own sister, and his sister seems.. Special.

I walk over to the car and before I get in I hear him say "I'll be back. You can't get away from me! I always find you Ryan. Now be a good girl for them; until I find you".

I get in the passenger seat and close the door.

"Let's go." I say, my jaw tightening. What would he mean by "I always find you?"