Chapter Twenty-Two

Okay, I know you all probably hate me right now, and you're going to hate me even more in the future, but please just keep reading till the end, I promise you'll thank me!

Chapter Twenty-Two

I gulped down another slice of pizza, no shame.

Trying to ignore the churning nerves in my stomach, trying to actually enjoy one of the last times I'll be with Tyler.

How could my parents do this to me? How could they just leave everything behind? They get plenty of business here!

Noticing my concerned and angry expression, Tyler placed a comforting hand on my back, offering me a weak smile.

I dimly returned it, the smile not quite reaching my eyes.

"It'll be okay Dev, you said it yourself," He assured me, and I smiled a bit.

"Thanks." I said, finishing my pizza slice.

***

Tyler was holding me in his arms, the warmth radiating off of him making me feel, safe.

I closed my eyes, knowing just how much I was going to miss this once I was gone.

I imagined what it would be like at the airport, when we were saying our goodbyes.

I'd be sobbing, and he'd be holding me, barely holding it all in himself.

I didn't realize I was crying until Tyler tilted my chin up and wiped away my tears with the pad of his thumb.

He placed a small kiss on my forehead, as if telling me one more time that every thing would be okay.

I smiled softly, before laying my head down again and closing my eyes.

When my eyes fluttered open, I realized I wasn't on the couch anymore.

I was in my room, in my bed, surrounded my darkness.

He must've carried me to my room, because I don't remember walking.

I looked at the time on my phone, and it said it was midnight.

My head fell back on the pillow and I tried to fall asleep again, but it was difficult with all the worries coming to mind.

It was like the internet browser when it has to many tabs open and it doesn't work right and it takes too long to load something.

I squeezed my eyes shut tightly and tried to sleep again, this time successfully.

My eyes fluttered open, and I glanced around the room.

Light was flooding in through the curtains, and it felt like it was blinding me.

I covered my eyes with my elbow, but my 'almost', sleep was soon inturupted by the door opening.

I removed my elbow and looked at who was soon to be murdered by me for inturupting my sleep.

My heart melted into a pile of goo when I noticed Tyler had come in with a tray of pancakes and strawberries for me.

"Awe, thanks Tyler!" I gushed, holding my arms out for the tray.

He scoffed, "This isn't yours! I made it for myself and decided to come in here so you would have to watch me eat it."

I rolled my eyes and started pouting.

"Fine," He play-groaned. "I made it for you." He handed me the tray, and I noticed a small note underneath the plate.

I picked it up and opened it, feeling Tyler's gaze burning a hole through me.

Even though we may not be together physically, I'll be with you forever, maybe I won't see you, but I'll always be in your heart, and you'll always have a place in my own.

-Tyler

I couldn't stop the grin from stretching on my lips.

"Thanks Tyler." I placed a kiss on his cheek before starting to eat the breakfast.

***
It's the night before I leave for France, and Tyler said he wanted to make tonight extra special.

We were in his car driving somewhere, he wouldn't tell me where.

It took all I had to hold in all the tears.

I spent the night at Taylor's house last night, so we already had our time.

He pulled into our place, and I grinned.

"This isn't where I wanted to take you, but I do have a surprise here for you." He smiled weakly, offering me his hand.

I took it and he gently tugged me into the dark room.

I noticed new writing on the wall.

This is where our love started,
In this room, two hearts, started their journey to become one.
Sadly, one heart heart has to go, but what was once together, will never be completely apart.
I love her, and I always will, I just hope she feels the same.

-T

I looked over at him with tears in my eyes, to see him looking down at me with hope in his eyes.

"I love you Devan, and I know we didn't meet too long ago, but it doesn't take long for my heart to grow fond of someone if I let it. I fought myself so hard, trying to tell myself not to love you, but you made it so, so hard. I love you so much Dev, so you feel the same?" He asked, grabbing my hand and pulling me close to him.

"Of course I love you, ya big idiot." I grinned, before pulling him closer to me and pressing my lips against his, standing on my tiptoes and wrapping my arms around his neck.

He cupped my face with his hands, holding me as though he'd never see me again, and he probably won't.

Finally we pulled apart and got back in the car, driving to the next destination.

***

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment!

Please share to.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I promise you won't hate me so much once the end of the chapter comes along.

Byeee!