Chapter 15

London's P.O.V.

"What do you mean he is picking me as captain?" I asked Heather as I dove for a ball. 

"Landon was talking to Mr. Tomlinson and he said something about how you were going to get captain!" She squealed and jumped out of the way of a ball. We were playing volleyball in gym and Heather wasn't one for sports. She ended up on my team and I have to play double time just so that we can win. At least she can serve. 

"Did he tell Landon that I was getting captain?"

"Well no. But he said it was between you and Becca and that there would be only one girl captain. And who would pick Becca over you? She has been trying to beat you since the day you two started playing, and clearly you are better." She did have a point. But I can't be too sure. Louis hasn't really seen any of us play, well except for Adam, so he doesn't have much to go by. He could judge it from today and I could have a bad day today and then I wouldn't get captain. If I don't get captain, I may not get a scholarship for water polo and not get into a good college. If I don't get into a good college I can't get a good education and I won't get a job. 

"London! London!" I was brought out of my internal freakout by Heather's voice. I look up and everything went black.

Heather's P.O.V.

"Did he tell Landon that I was getting captian?" London asked me. I saw a ball coming towards me and jumped out of the way. I heard London sigh and she rushed in front of me to hit it. She is so good at sports. 

"Well no. But he said it was between you and Becca and that there would only be one girl captain. And who would pick Becca over you? She has been trying to beat you since the day you two started playing, and clearly you are better." I told her and she nodded. I went back to the game. The ball was flying everywhere and I truned around to see if London was getting them for me. I looked at her and saw that she was still. She hadn't moved since I last looked over. Then I heard someone yell ball from the court next to us. I look up and see a ball flying right at London's head. "London! London!" She finally looked up when the ball hit her in the head and knock her straight to the ground. "Oh my god London!" I rushed over to her and rolled her over. She was out cold. "Mr. Duke! Mr. Duke! London needs to go to the nurse right now!" 

"What happened Heather?" He asked while rushing over.

"She wasn't paying attention and a ball came flying and hit her from that court ove there, hit her on the head, and she fell and here we are!" I said catching him up.

"London?!?" I heard an upset voice say from behind me. I turn around to see Landon rushing through the crowd of people that have formed. 

"Someone get the nurse!" Mr. Duke told the students. 

"No. It's okay. I'll take her." Landon said as he bent down and picked her up.

"Thank you Landon. Heather you can go with."

"Thank you Mr. Duke." We walked down the hall and got some looks from students. I mean, it did look like we were carrying a dead girl, and Landon wasn't really rushing all that much. The nurse's office wasn't that far from the gym, but we had to go around the cafe and teacher's lounge to get there.

"Uhhh..Heather?" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around to see Mr. Tomlinson walking towards us. I stopped and watched as Landon turned the cornor and into the nurse's office. "What are you doing?" He seemed worried.

"Well we were in gym and its me, Landon, and London, and me and London were talking and then she got hit in the head with volleyball and was knocked to the ground and got knocked out. And now me and Landon are taking her to the nurse." I said as fast as I could and was out of breath when I finished.