Christmas

Evan fiddled with the hem of his sweater, picking at its fraying material slightly while waiting. It was Christmas Eve, and he was beyond nervous for what was to happen in the Murphy household tonight. Evan was close to Connor, and even if their parents didn't see the way they were close, they definitely saw that they were. Larry and Cynthia also noticed how much happier Connor had been ever since Evan had begun coming over to see him almost every day. As a result, both Heidi and Evan were invited to spend Christmas at the Murphy household. That didn't stress Evan at all, the two families have had dinner together on many occasion, in fact, it was quite frequent. Evan's problem was his gift for Connor.

Connor was proud to show off Evan as his boyfriend, but Evan was way to scared to tell anyone but their closest friends. So, Alana and Jared knew. Even Zoe was in the dark on this one. Staying hidden had been getting on Connor's nerves lately and Evan noticed. Whether it was the small pout when Evan wouldn't hold his hand in public or the miserable look in his eyes whenever he brought up coming out and Evan shot down the idea. So that was gonna be his gift. He was gonna tell the world how fucking proud he was to call Connor Murphy his boyfriend.

"Oh Evan, you look great. Now come on or we'll be late" Heide said, her voice filled with excitement as she ushered her child towards their destination. Evan sighed and followed behind her closer, walking slowly and hoping that things will go well. All he can do is hope at this point. Unfortunately, their walk was quick and uninterrupted. Evan took a long, silent breath and walked in front of his mother and up onto the porch. He knocked lightly on the door, a little surprised when the door was ripped open not even a second later. Connor had answered the door and Evan couldn't help but chuckle at his appearance. His sweater was just beautiful. It was a snowy scene with a bleak gray sky, black silhouettes of Christmas trees and the center of attention... A snowman ripping out a different snowman's bloody guts viciously.

Connor moved to the side, allowing Evan and Heidi to walk past him and enter the over decorated household. The Christmas lights and decorations were so bright that walking into the living room almost blinded Evan within a second. Connor kind of just watched, quite amused by his boyfriend's facial expressions as he scanned the room. Heidi excitedly hurried off, offering to help Cynthia and Zoe set the table while Larry took the presents out of hiding. Evan smiled slightly at how well the two families functioned together, reassuring himself that his gift would go perfectly and everyone would be super duper happy. With a small smile, he turned back to stare at Connor's gory Christmas sweater.

"You look festive babe" he quietly complimented the taller boy. Connor's cheeks dusted over with a deep shade of red as he smiled at Evan, thanking him quietly. They sat together on the couch, quietly flirting with each other and just enjoying each others company. It felt right, but wrong because of how quietly they were talking. Evan had to bite his tongue and fight the urge to lay his head on Connor's shoulder. They talked a bit more before Larry gathered everyone's attention.

"Since Heidi and Evan won't be able to open presents with us tomorrow, we will be exchanging tonight before dinner" he announced, holding up a big black garbage. Evan could only guess that it was filled with presents. Technically he and his mother were invited over for tomorrow, but they had plans with Evan's grandparents so they came tonight instead. Evans mom gave the Murphy's their presents from them and vice versa, everyone getting something from someone. With a deep sigh, Evan stood up from his spot by the tree.

"My gift for Connor isn't something I could buy him. It's something I know he has been wanting for a while, and I'm just sorry I couldn't give it to him sooner" Evan stated, his voice clear and filled with fake confidence. He was having an internal meltdown if we're being honest. Connor stared up at him with wide, hopeful eyes. He had a small idea of what Evan was about to do, and it really warmed his heart. With one last breath to calm his tingling nerves, Evan held out his hand gently. With a small smile and completely red face, Connor grabbed his hand and let Evan pull him to his feet. Heidi, Cynthia, Larry and Zoe all watched intently, on the edge of their seats and ready to see where this was all going. Evan directed his attention away from their families and focused it all on Connor, who was smiling way too wide.

"Connor Murphy, I can't deal with hiding it any longer and please forgive me for forcing you to hide it so long. I love you, I always will and Merry Christmas" Evan's voice shook a bit, looking into Connor's eyes made it harder and easier at the same time. Connor was practically bouncing from foot to foot, completely love struck and giddy from the words Evan had just said. With no warning whats so ever, he leaned down and attacked Evans entire face in light kisses. He was peppering the kisses across his cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead when he suddenly remembered who they had been hiding it from for so long. They both turned their heads in sync, ready for whatever reaction they got.

Cynthia looked confused, but she was smiling. Zoe looked unfazed like she was expecting this for a while. With a smirk, she threw the two boys a thumbs up of approval. Heidi was crying, her face filled with joy as she smiled at her son. Larry wasn't there anymore, he literally disappeared from the couch. Evan turned to face Connor again. Connor looked happy but his eyes were filled with utter shock and disappointment. They were about to sit back down together When they heard a loud bang and froze.

"I FOUND IT!" It was Larry's voice for sure and it unnerved both of the boys. Before they could question the words Larry came running in, stopping in front of them. Connor stared up at his father with worried eyes as he went to step protectively in front of Evan. He wasn't able to, as his father held his hand above the two boys heads, revealing a deep green colored leaf. He had left to find mistletoe. Connor couldn't stop it, his eyes welled with years of uncried tears as he leaned down, placing a peck on Evan's lips.

"I was gonna give you this when we were alone, but now I don't have to" Connor laughed slightly as he pulled away. His voice was cracking and happy tears were flooding down his face as he pulled a small box out of his pocket. The box wasn't wrapped, but it was colored black with a sharpie and tied closed with red yarn. With a small smile, Evan opened the box carefully. His eyes widened as he pulled out the contents of the box. It was a small, black, heart shaped tree ornament. In a fancy white font, these words were written "Evan and Connor: 2015 - ∞

-xoxo, love and what not, from Connor (Your fav school shooter)"

Evan laughed lightly at the words. It was just so... Connor. Connor watched him carefully as he held the ornament, using his free hand to grab one of Connor's.

"You are too sweet"

AN: There was a Christmas movie marathon last night (For some reason) so I did Christmas one-shots for both of my one-shot books. I couldn't help it!