Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"Absolutely."

"Don't try." I said simply, before swimming back over to Macie who was pretty much dying of laughter.

"You guys are so much alike, it's honestly sad." Macie said, wiping an imaginary tear from under her eye.

***

Macie and Kara went to spend a day together, leaving Tyler and I alone.

Kara left a list of rules for us on the kitchen counter, some of which made us feel a bit awkward.

We were sat on opposite ends of the couch with our feet pressed together.

I was reading, while he was just staring at me with a smile on his face.

"What?" I asked, setting my book on my lap.

"You're just beautiful, that's all." He responded, before grabbing his phone and scrolling through what I assume was social media.

"Awe, thanks!" I exclaimed, reaching over and grabbing his hand.

He turned his attention back to me, his eyes filled with contentment.

"I need to tell you something," I started, taking a deep breath, before exhaling to calm my nerves.

"What is it?" He inquired, furrowing his eyebrows together.

"My parents run their own business you see, and well, they texted me this morning telling me that they're getting more business in France than they do here. Normally I wouldn't mind moving to France, but I don't want to lose you or Taylor." I explained, my voice shaking.

His face fell, but he moved over next to me and pulled me into his arms, holding me tight.

"We can't do long distance," I whispered. "It'll never work."

I expected him to get offended that I said that, but he didn't.

"We'll figure something out." He muttered, his voice thick with emotion.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him close to me, knowing this could quite possibly be one of the last times he holds me.

"They're flying here to get me and get everything from our home, they'll probably be here Wednesday, that's three days from now." I said, and he tensed up.

"Why so soon?" He asked, pulling back and looking at me.

"Because they don't want to waste any time." I responded, and he sighed, obviously as upset about this as me.

He pulled me close to him again and rested his chin on the top of my head.

I closed my eyes, and it wasn't long until sleep engulfed me into it's dark depths.

***

"Hey, wake up Devan." Tyler whispered into my ear, causing my eyelids to flutter open.

"Why?" I whined, closing my eyes again.

"Dinner's done." He answered, and my eyes flew open, and I jumped up, causing him to burst into a fit of laughter behind me.

That's when I noticed we were still the only ones home.

There is no dinner yet.

I spun around to face him, and shot imaginary daggers at him.

"Why isn't there any dinner?" I demanded, and he looked sheepish, as though I would actually hurt him.

"I need you to either order Chinese food or pizza, because I can't cook." He admitted, and I sighed.

"Fine, but you owe me."

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and dialled the pizza shop around the corner.

"Hello, this is Mario's Pizza, how may I help you?"

"Uh- I'd like to order one large pepperoni and a two liter of coke." I responded, and they told me the price.

I hung up the phone after giving them the address, and sat back down on the couch next to Tyler.

I looked over at him and noticed his eyes were red and swollen as though he had been crying.

"What's wrong?" I asked quietly, as his green eyes met mine.

"Nothing-it's just, I'm going to miss you." He whispered, and I sighed, leaning my head back on the couch and closing my eyes; our conversation from earlier flooding my memory.

"Everything will be okay," I assured him. "I know it will."

***

Sorry for the depressing chapter. We're getting close to the end of this story though, only about ten more chapters plus an epilogue left.

Please keep reading because I have so much more planned for you guys!

Byeee!